Home Chat General Chat

Is too much Soreen a bad thing?

I seem to be living on Soreen and bananas at the moment!

Ok. I'm not skipping meals.

Porridge for breakfast, decent lunch (baked potato and tuna), and dinner. Good mix of meat, veg, pastas and rice.

But...

I'm hungry all the time, and not typically a big eater, so I'm supplementing with 1/2 a Soreen (malt loaf) and 2-3 bananas during the day, and a carbo/protein shake post session.

Any problems with this?

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Sounds good to me, mate, providing your total calorie intake isn't too high from all that Soreen goodness.

My between-meals snacking is usually dried fruit and nuts, with usually 5 bits of fruit per day (bananas, apples & pears) so I reckon we're about the same there.

Not saying my diet is ideal... just letting you know that you are not alone in needing to eat all day.
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    I keep my hunger at bay with a regular slice or good ole Soreen. Doesn't seem to do me any harm, I try to keep the amount of butter I spread on it to a minimum, but man it just tastes so damn good and without the butter it just sticks to the roof of your mouth.

Any top tips on what to spread on those cheeky slices of Soreen?
  • jonnnijonnni Posts: 32
    Nothing wrong with Soreen and it gives the gnashers a good work out!

No butter/no nothing just the pure malty stodginess

• grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    Please god don't be telling me Malt Loaf is bad for you, I would starve!!

Don't be giving me the Cinnamon impostor, I won't thank you for it!!!
  • kinbarkinbar Posts: 15
    Try it toasted - it's even better!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Awwww.... toasted malt loaf, that was my favourite after-school snack when I was about 6. So you see I've been a triathlete from a very early age... it's just the swimming, cycling, running and buying over-priced carbon-fibre stuff came a bit later.

It's all too much. There's half a malt loaf in the kitchen with my name on it. Back in a bit. [:D]
  • lol Malt loaf, its the food of the God's !!!

Bopomofo, how could you leave half a loaf? once you start it all gotta go !!!
  • That's answered then![:)]

Thanks lads.

Better get on the Turbo then.[;)]
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    This could turn into a cooking forum if we arnt carefull!! LOL

So Soreen is at last a hot topic.

If you did not know already its 2 for a quid in sainsburys at mo!

We should get soreen to sponsor this forum!!!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Sorry to intrude the party here, but what is Soreen and malt loaf???
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Benny,

Malt Loaf is the King of Foods..... Its truely one of nature's superfoods!!!!

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    benny wrote:

http://www.soreen.com/about_soreen.asp

A great food - one I have eaten for years and continue to do so ;)

• Blinkybaz wrote:
    If you did not know already its 2 for a quid in sainsburys at mo!

We should get soreen to sponsor this forum!!!

...and Jaffa Cakes are down from £1.15 to 50p!

• anyone know if its stocked in ireland? i've checked tesco but couldn't find it...
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    GGB wrote:
    ORIGINAL: benny

http://www.soreen.com/about_soreen.asp

A great food - one I have eaten for years and continue to do so ;)

Looks like some gingerbread with fruit in it, or cake!?

Suppose it's much healthier though, since you guys all love it.
    Just a quick thought on how Soreen could improve malt loaf. Maybe it could come in [color=#ff0000]RED[/color] wrapper! Maybe a carbon carry case!!!LOL
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Blinkybaz wrote:

Just a quick thought on how Soreen could improve malt loaf. Maybe it could come in [color=#ff0000]RED[/color] wrapper! Maybe a carbon carry case!!!LOL

Just charge £20 per loaf. Remember in triathlon very expensive always = very good!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Red carbon carry case..I am there. Anyway shouldn't the question be 'Is it possible for there to be too much Soreen?'

I think the carbon case should be a send in 10 wrappers & pay £2.99, 15 & pay £2.50 etc type offer.
    Lets start working on a design! Maybe a 220 special! Get one free with the next years subscription!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    just had my 1st slice of soreen, following the recommendation on this thread (and a morrisons offer)

yum yum yum!
  • nevermind the red carbon case how about a black wooly one!!!

soreen forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So chuffed the Soreen thread is still going

It is 2 for a £1 in JS so I have a cupboard full at the moment
    same offer at morrisons, must have a stock pile of them ready for the tri season!
    I'm not sure it was the soreen, but for arguments sake we'll stick with that, but I had an awesome bike swim bike session!

Surely it's about time Soreen sponsored a tri event or at least did some tee-shirts

Any Soreen Marketing people out there going to take this opportunity?

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    have my Soreen ready for my 30 mile bike ride in the morning .... might even take a bite now ... decisions decisions
    I am going to send a link from this thread to Soreen via there website. I reckon they might embrass our ideas and create team soreen. The malt loaf for active people. I can see the slogan now!

Swim, cycle and run team soreen. We arent malf loafing its the taste to win for.
    I have just visited the Soreen website and................Well check it out. It seems they already have sports events and stuff happening.

The best thing of all! They have recipes.

http://www.soreen.com/
  • I lost my Soreen cherry this week after reading this and the 2 for a quid offer in JS. Trouble is, turns out Mrs Squishy loves the stuff, she's not a triathlete though so is she allowed it or am I duty bound to hog it all for myself?
    Taxi for Mr Squishy!

I cant believe you are letting the ambrosia of Tri be comsumed by a non TRI person!!!!!!!!!!! But seeing its MRS Squishy then its ok but consider yourself told! If she wears RED and pretends to love carbon.............