Home Chat General Chat

Position on Bike.

I feel like I am sat a bit too far from the handlebars, stretching a little. I have found there are two ways to solve this:

a) Get a shorter stem; mine is currently 130mm so I could get a 90mm.

b) My current seat post has a slight bend at the top moving my seat away from handle bars. I could get a seat post that has no bend and the seat sits directly on top of the seat post tube.

c) both of the above.

The bike is the correct size for me, a smaller size is not an option.

if anyone has any additional ideas or recommendations for a stem or seat post please post!

Thanks

Samuel

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Either have a proper bike fit done, or put all you measurements into this

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

It will tell you the length it thinks your stem should be. It will look at all your body part lengths in proportion, as if you are anything like me you have long legs but not necessarily the reach to match.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    try the bike king michigan website.not sure of the exact address but if you google bike and michigan you will get it. I found this site particularily useful and informative
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Do you mean Bike Sport Michigan?

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Get a professional bike fit. With professional, I mean by someone who knows about this stuff and who takes time for it, cause you'll need to try and adjust a lot until you found the 'perfect' position for you.

Putting numbers in preset formulas can be good and approach what you need, but since we're all individuals and all different, I'd go for the personal approach.

I had a bike fit for my new Cervélo, the bike is really for me now!!

It'll cost you a bit money, but it'll make a huge difference. BTW, the money you pay will earn itself back by not getting injured due to bad position.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Thanks. Ill look into it.