Home Chat General Chat

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Brrrrrrrrrrrr, so I plumped for a 1h turbo session in my lovely warm house this evening. Did anyone actually go out training in the snow?

Comments

• I set off to work over the grass this morning, except my commuter bike tyres (1.5") couldn't handle the snow! Was all over the show! Luckily for me, my mountain bike is stored at work, and coming home was much more fun!

It's a shame I only live 10 minutes away from work! far too deep here to even attempt it though to be honest, and it has been non-stop all day, and probably still at it now so tomorrow will be fun! thank f~'k for disc brakes too!
  • Only walked the dog and almost stacked it several times doing that. Dont think any outdoors training would have been appropriate today!!!!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I couldn't help myself ... I was determined to do some training ... so did a 4 mile run on 2" thick snow and ice ... not nice but manged it ... was quite refreshing :D
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Running to work today...yomping thru the snow...
  • Ran around Richmond park in the snow and was superb. Only saw 1 other runner but obviously tons of families out building snowmen. Used some innov8 trail shoes so had no hassle going up and down the hills.

Only had to avoid a couple of snowballs from the chav kids......
  • Snowballing with 10 kids y'day on the rec was pretty exhausting . . .

Tonight if I can get the car out its a swim, otherwise its Turbo for me!

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    No way am I running or biking in this snotty weather. I can barely be bothered to drag myself to the gym for indoor bricks.

Swim time trial tonight, though. Coach's birthday, too, so hopefully there will be cake afterwards.[:D]

Seriously, anybody should exercise a lot of caution in these conditions. Quite apart from slipping over, there's all those concealed kerb edges, potholes etc to catch a careless foot on. A paramedic friend has been at work for about 2 days solid fixing broken people.

...and if anybody at swimming suggests we use the outdoors pool I am going home. There are icebergs in it.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Britspin wrote:

...yomping thru the snow...

...on a one horse open sleigh....

did anyone else sing that when they read this
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Southern Jessies.Worst snowfall in 17 years my a*&e,get out and enjoy it.