Home Chat General Chat

Garmin Advice

I have a Garmin Forerunner 50 and have just added the GSC10 cadence monitor so I can get distances on the turbo as well as on the road

Need to calibrate the wheel size on the watch but not sure what to set it to, anyone have any idea?

It is on a Specialized Allez Double 58 frame with standard wheels

Thanks

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    There is usually a chart with computer giving wheel sizes & circumference, which is what you key in. If that is not supplied I would guess that if you googled your wheel size, then there would be a chart somewhere on tinternet, if not then you can recall your maths & do the calculation for circumference, or mark a spot on the ground with chalk line the tyre valve up with it & roll forward intil the valve is back at the bottom of the wheel (1 revolution) mark this spot & measure between them, that is your number..inches if you want imperial, cm if you want km.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    go to garmin website and download the manual, it will give you a conversion chart.
  • Thanks, I have the original manual and it wasnt in there, found a link to a Catseye manual which had a table

700 x 23C =2096

That means my ride on Saturday was 4.8% further :-)