Home Chat General Chat

SPEEDO Aquabeat MP3 Player - Have you used one?

Hi,

Has anyone used a [color=#000000]SPEEDO Aquabeat MP3 Player? If so, is it easy to use? Would you recommend it?[/color]

I was thinking about getting one but wondered whether it is faff to actually use?

Many thanks,

Little Luce

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    I do not know about the speedo mp3,but I would recommend the Finnis swiMP3.
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    OH! I really want one now - well I suppose you could say that for any gadget or toy!
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    anyone know if apple make a waterproof player - i'm stuck with itunes

also - totally stupid question i'm sure but what do you attach the player to? your goggles?
  • Have seen a Speedo MP3 player advertised in Decathlon, cant remember the model but I remember it connecting via your googles
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    What would one use this thing for??

To distract you from perfect form? To get your mind of the technique you need to work on??

Isn't the danger of doing 'junk laps' up and down present, just to get the chore done?

Swimming is all about technique, doesn't the mp3 distract you a lot?
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    he shall have music wherever he drowns...
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    also - totally stupid question i'm sure but what do you attach the player to? your goggles?

I'd imagine that some part of it goes in your ears? [:D]

I'm with benny on this one. Swimming is the most technical discipline and I always think you really need to be concentrating. I could possibly find a use for some music when I do my long, slow swim sessions, but as that happens about once every 6 weeks I don't really see the point. Also, even in a 3k+ swim I'm still thinking about form and working on different stroke aspects to try to keep myself focussed.

Stick the music on and do a junk session every day? Nah.

Anyway, how loud do these things go? Surely you wouldn't be able to hear the music over the roaring sound of the water rushing past your ears as you fly along with perfect form? [:D]