Home Chat General Chat

WHY RED?!

Put simply......its faster.

Comments

• Haha, great. and whilst waiting for a reply, apparently carbon and red is the way forward, i have a nice carbon bike with little dashes of red! A born triathlete apparently! lol
  • Hi, I haven't really gona on many forums and I am fairly new to triathlon. I live with a cyclist and the in colour is white. Sounds like for triathlon it's red. Any reason?!
  • I'd argue that the TRUE colour was Pink not Red. (I imagine most of you are surprised to hear this from me????)

I'd be willing to try to accept that Red was a shade of Pink if it helps.. a related colour, kind of cousin...

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Red is the new pink scott!

If carbon and pink made me quicker I would wear pink (well faded red anywau)

Back to the thread - red as Gary said makes you quicker and look the part.and if it comes in carbon then you have cracked it!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Face it Scott; pink is red for beginners!!

No need to rush things, a season of pink is perfect to prepare you for the real thing: RED!!!

@ stickman: so many secrets await you, ready to be revealed, but don't hassle it! Too much wonders of the world of tri could damage you. Here are a few hints, that will explain themselves on the go:

-carbon

-RED!!!!!

-Aero

-Porridge

-Waxing/shaving

-Lycra

-Very expensive(superior tip)

-malt loaf

-bike envy

That'll do for now.

By the way: welcome to the forum, hope you stick with this bunch of nutters!?[8D]
  • BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Don't allow yourself to be brain washed, red ruins what would otherwise be perfectly good kit. Join me in my stand against it.
  • Plus if you can find some red carbon porridge, it'll make you SO much better! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]
  • All very helpful comments there. My bottom bracket is technically pink so looks like i got it right there. Thinking I may need more red/pink on my next bike now...
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    And a previous thread asks what we do that makes us odd?

Where else can you go & read 'My bottom bracket is technically pink ' and get away with it, and everyone knows what you mean, and doesn't snigger.

actually I sniggered a bit...
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

My TT frame is so red it looks black. That makes it super fast.

Just a shame about the engine, really.
  • So thats my problem last season BLUE!

I thought it related to my technique, lack of training and excess weight.

If I buy red, can I get my money back at the end of the season if it doesn't work?
    Nivagh..red hat...speed demon.
  • This is gonna cost me a fortune buying new gear in the Go Faster colour !!!

the wife better appreciate it [:D]
  • BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    Honestly you guys and red... its a myth...

I go fastest in the colour that I look best in.. which is'nt red.
    Admit it: RED is too fast for you BARNY.

I told you so, start with pink, then go for red!!![8|]
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Britspin - guess you're right. I finished the run first but came off the bike (yellow helmet) eighth before getting back up to fifth on the second run while wearing the red hat again.

Clearly I need a red helmet.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Boycie said:

Don't allow yourself to be brain washed, red ruins what would otherwise be perfectly good kit. Join me in my stand against it.

And exactly how many races did you win last year, Boycie?

The defence rests.
    [color=#0000ff]I won none, but I did beat people in red.[/color]
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    They were probably having an off day, or maybe just treating it as a training session.
    Maybe, they were spending alot of time looking at reflections of themselves in windows etc.
    REDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDRED

REDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDREDRED

PS:RED
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Sorry Benny I didnt get that! Dis you mean red? I must have had carbon in my ears!

I am sure that if God had known about Red,Carbon and triathlon he never would have rested on the 7th day (he would have missed a training session)
  • you all need proffessional help!!

black black and black
    YOU SEE!!!!!!!

That really is no match for my 'REDREDREDREDRED' post.

Last chance: red is the way to go; race season will be here and you'll still be thinking about black!![X(]

[:D]
  • Follow this logic...

I will never win a race because... I CAN'T get all pink equipment....

So with pretty much all kit available in Red how many of you will also not win races like me?

Hee???
    No no no, they are right....black it is yes black it is, and and steel framed bikes, yes steel frames, with the gear lever thingy on the down tube them, they are the fastest, raleigh banana..black & yellow wheeeewee they go reeeeeeealy fast, & get yer mum to knit you a tri suit, black wool of course, nothin' finer in the pool....get her to knit one with long sleeves & legs...for open water, even better & faster than that neoprene stuff. Hat wear a hat...one of them builders hats is good, got a peak & everything, get your name written on in marker pen, so you don't lose it...yellow to match your bike....pair of black canvas plimsolls with the elastic at the front, better'n all them trainers & elastic laces poncy stuff.

Thats the true secret to speed..........................now I will have to kill you all.
  • Bloody Hell, Have i gotta take my new Red short's and new Red trainers back now then ??? [>:]
  • BLACK
    hand knitted woollen black....
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    orange?

my bikes orange, got orange bar tape, orange tyres. orange lenses in my goggles. my saucony race shoes are orange. and my orca tri shorts have orange in them! got pb's in all my races last year so it works for me.

ps, i hate red. but if you all want to have red thats fine by me, makes spotting my orange haven in transition very easy![:D]