Home Buy Triathlon Gear

Beginners bike wanted- West Mids area

Hi,

Decided I want to try a few duathlons this year whilst taking swimming lessons with a view to moving up to tri next year. The biggest problem I am coming up against at the moment is finding a reasonably priced bike to start off with. I've got my eye on ebay but looking for other options. Would rather buy something better quality and used rather than a cheap new bike from halfords.

I am 5ft 7in female and so far have been looking at womens bikes (Trek 1000 WSD as an example). But thought it would be worth posting to see if anyone had anything gathering dust in a shed that would be suitable for me. I'm guessing 51-54cm frame in good condition that will last me a year before I decide I need one of these red carbon jobs that you all love so much!

Budget £200, can collect West Mids area.

Comments

• fatmattfatmatt Posts: 145
    are you still looking for a bike? and what area of west mids are you, i'm on warwick side.
  • Hi, thanks for your message. I actually picked up a bike this afternoon so no longer looking. There seems to be lots of beginners looking for bikes though as its taken me a while to find one. Ones on ebay are going for silly money so I took to posting on local tri forums and managed to get a bargain.

If you've got a bike for sale i'd try posting on here though as there are a lot of newbies on the look out!

• btw, i'm based in Sutton Coldfield but I know Warwick and Leamington well as i used to work there!