Home Chat General Chat

Tri-suits - flattering or fattering?

Morning campers.....

....very excited today as my first tri-suit (2XU Endurance) has been delivered from Wiggle.....

....ran upstairs to try on and wow its sooooo tight! I'm basically a fit guy with little in the way of fat but this suit hunts it (the fat) down and highlights it!!!! So, i will have to do more low intensity work to burn off that fat, but what better way to get me motivated to lose that last few pounds.....

....when ordering i didn't really know what size to order, i ended up with a medium, which like i said is very tight, but i'm guessing thats what they are suppose to be...?

........just a note on Wiggle, i've shopped on the internet for years and years, but i have to say that my experience of wiggle is second to none. As you might imagine i've been buying all sorts of kit over the last month or so which has included 3 orders from Wiggle, every time i've selected the free delivery (2-3 days) and every time the kit has arrived the next day!......

so.....the question is simple.....flattering OR fattering?

Comments

• I have no concern with fat in my tri suit but it always looks like i have socks shoved down the front of them.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I'm a two piece man so no fattering there!

The compression top is other matter!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    The common myth is that trisuits were designed to provide an increase in performance in triathlon, by not need to change clothes during transition and providing good aerodynamics and comfort for the bike and run, however this is not the case.

They were designed to highlight every small bit of fat, so that you get obsessive over removing it, and thus leading to greater performance! hehehe
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Remember the photo shoot they did for the GB athletes ahead of Sydney when they painted shorts and vests on them?

Well I figure the most streamlined tri suit is no tri suit, so I will be racing this year in red paint only.
  • EvstaEvsta Posts: 2
    Hi Gary, can you tell me what you weigh and how tall you are? I'm totally new to the sport and will need some swim gear, and want to also look at buying over the net, so am curious what my size would be. I'm 6ft and 80kgs. I buy large in most of my shirts/jackets/etc, but don't know if this transfers to swim gear. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers, Evsta

• good luck with the 2xu and lets us know how you get along with it as ill be needing one soon myself.

the black wooly one i use is starting to slow me down and getting a bit baggy in the crotch!!

hehe

• hi evsta

i'm 5'8" and about 11 stone.........i got a medium and its bloody tight! Having said that i do think its the right size for me.....i guess you will need a large.....