Home Chat General Chat

shower anyone?

I cant be the only one, i'm showering 3 times a day at the moment! i train before work, shower. lunchtime workout, shower. get home, train, shower! feel very clean, but it does feel strange showering 3 time a day!

any other weird things us triathletes have to do that 'normal' people think are strange?

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Yeah,

Three sports in one event.

People seem to find that a bit wierd/bonkers!!!

A love of close fitting kit! My wife finds that a bit strange!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Just doing some exercise most days puts us out there!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Why do people think we're odd... well, a long time ago we talked about setting up a team. We even tried to decide on a logo for the t-shirt. I think the full horror of the thread below will explain why people view us as nutters...

http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=16826&mpage=2&key=pants&#17638

Sorry to resurrect that one.
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    3 showers a day...and I still smell of chlorine when I go to bed!

what about sucking on gooeey gel packs which you could stick wallpaper up with.
  • Every shower I have I can still smell chlorine, even days after my last swim...

is it bad that I've come to like the smell???

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I can really recommend the new oduer line of shower gels: 'Chlorine Squirt'.

Makes you smell of chlorine, even if you haven't gone to the pool for days!!!!
    Its that just washed fresh smell thats garenteed to keep the oposite sex away!!!! LOL
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    I hate the chlorine - it's making my skin fall apart! Does anyone know of any shower gel at gets rid of it - I'm using a kids anti-chlorine shampoo at the min, Still stinks.....

Thanks
    anti kid shampoo works best.
    Takes about three days (so for a triathlete that is about 9 showers) to get rid of chlorine. But, given that you're in the pool every other day it will never go away. Use moisturiser (E45 lotion is cheap) to stop the dry skin and nasty reactions to it.

All your friends and family will soon get used to the great smell of bleach, anyway.

benny: like the idea of your 'Chlorine Squirt' shower gel. So when you have a lazy week and can't be bothered to train you just have a quick shower and all the guys at the club think you've been training hard? [8D]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    @Bopo: doing it for a few months now, nobody noticed it! Or will they notice it at my first race of the season??[8|]............[:o]
  • 3 showers a day is very normal and just had showers fitted at work bringing the elec bill down ker-ching

im sure i read somewhere that chlorine has no smell, it only smells when it reacts with bacteria..

• graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Nevermind the smell - how much is too much chlorine? I seem to drinking a fair amount of it after an hour session!!!!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    thats really interesting!

I must be one giant bacteria because I stink of chlorine!
    So if you eat lots of yakult type stuff.....do you smell more?
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    oh you're not a pro-biotic geek are you britspin?!
    God no...I do smell more if I eat them..but only due to a certain reaction in my gut to dairy products....
  • apperently it only has a slight smell for i.d purpose's ( like natural gas ) because its bleach, however it's true, it smells stronger when in contact with bacteria.

ive just figured how to put a picture on, still very much a novice i know...

o, and not the kind of natural gas britspin is leaking lol.
    That needs no added aroma for health & safety.....

The chlorine thing is somwhat true..if you go to the pool & the air has a very heavy chlorine smell &/or the water makes your eyes sting etc, then avoid because that means there is waaaaaay too much ummmm 'bacteria' in the pool.
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    i'm sure i read somewhere that you can shower too often
    What me personally or in general?
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    you can never shower too often [;)]
    Clean body! Clean mind!

WHAT
    What me personally or in general?
    Funny... I got to the pool on Tuesday night to see water which was kind of murky (like it is 1.4m deep and you cannot see the bottom) with a nasty sharp cholrine smell to the air.

Say hello to chloramines, the by-product of chlorine and bacteria/sugar/wee/children.

The 'maintenance manager' had not done any maintenance for months, so when they finally back washed the filters the pool got full of crap, so they 'shocked' it with a high chlorine dose. I found this all out afterwards, when we started to complain to the management about burned skind and not being able to breathe.

Idiots.

Oh, that's the fantastic Esporta Hampshire Tennis & Health Club in Southampton, if you'd like to avoid it.
    So I gather you showeredalot after that?
  • urgh!! boppo that would have made me feel so sck! is that an indoor pool??? luckily my local is rarely used by the charvas who live here. i usually get a whole lane to myself!! theres sometimes the odd granny in the other lanes but the worst they give off is strong lilly of the valley perfume. i would take that over crowds of kids any day.

xx
    @ godluvsatrier - You must dodging the talk in the changing rooms and reception if the grannies are about!!!!!!!

Maybe thats a good way to cover up the smell of chlorine and the grannies have known for ages!!! Talk it is then. Imperial leather all round!!!!LOL
  • apperently the top 150mm is the worst part of the pool for holding bacteria and clorin, hence the scum line around the edges, so when the pool attendent takes a sample and dipps it to the middle for a 'reading' it more than likley to give a false one

so it imperial leather all the way for me as well.lol......