Home Chat General Chat

Which is your favourite? Which is your best?

Got asked this question by one of my sons friends on holiday. Thought is was a really great questions i my wife was sure i'd say cycling as i thought i would but it really got me thinking - which is my favourite of the 3 main disciplnes and which am i best at?

Favourite - Swimming

Best - Running

G

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    What a question! Its a bit like the 2 hardest questions ever 1. Which came first the chicken or the egg? 2. Daddy or chips?

So for me its

Favourtie - Swimming

Best - Running.

And if asked least dull? Cycling!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    favourite :running

best: running!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    that said though, i like running because I'm good at it, so i enjoy being able to push myself each session and I enjoy track sessions etc as I used to be a sprinter. But I enjoy swimming in a different way, because its hard and because it makes me uncomfortable and I have to work at it. good question.
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Favourite - cycling. There's no greater buzz than going flat out on the bike or nailing a big hill.

Best - Running.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Gotta go with my first love.... swimming.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    favourite:swim

best: run by far

favourite in tri completely: those super-fast transitions!!!
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Favourite cycle

Best cycle

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I am undecided at the moment - all three are enjoyable and am equally crap at each ;) ... but am improving

• deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    think your friend's son must read 'charlie and lola' - snow is their favourite AND their best
  • Great question...

fav: swimming

best: bike

All of course subject to change by next week, thats why this is so good
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    fave - running

best - cycling

My fave is running because if I have a spare 1/2hr or so it's the only one I can get a meaningful session from in the time. Love cycling but it's too time consuming.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Favourite = cycling, best probably cycling as well - I'm not great at any of them really!
  • well swimming is my best and i love swim training.

but in an event i prefer cycling or running!

Hate all that kicking and punching in the swim[&:]
  • Favourite = cycling, best cycling as well. but i do like the swimming, wish ide have done it well before i started at 40yrs. love the open water training.. liked the running till a knee injury now its frustrating..

But you cant beat a flat fast time trial on the bike when your feeling good..[:)]
  • BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Favorite; cycling, I'm relatively new to road biking and never thought it would anything more than a way to stay fit, but I love along peaceful ride in the country.

Best; running.

Consolation; swimming in the pool is boring but I love getting into open water.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Favourite-swimming

best-Swimming!

like least=run (cos i'm rubbish, but it is the easiest to train for as you dont need much time to get a session in)
  • Favourite - Cycling

Best - Swimming (Just)

When racing I tend to place top 10% in the swim and similar to the bike and then nowhere in the run!!! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]

Working in a gym means I get to spend lots of time spinning and riding my heart out, and never suffer the same lack of motivation to train for cycling as I do for the others. Really into turbo sessions, trying to work through a 24 (DVD) series in 2 weeks!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Best: Running (at the moment)

Favourite: Hate swimming. Love running but hate injuries. Love cycling - especially a scenic route with loads of hills. Hate cleaning the bike afterwards though. If I could learn to swim properly, then the swimming would go up a bit...

f I put more effort into the cycling (takes more training minutes than running) then that could be the best.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Favourite Running

Best Running

But everyone likes to see photos of them on their bikes and talk endless about 'red' 'carbon' and other incantations to make them go faster