Home Chat General Chat

Metabolism

Diet & Metabolism and the use of suppliments to increase the Metabolic rate............ Discuss!

Including the like's of water retention pill's etc etc etc

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    The best way to incr metabolic rate is to exercise..simple as..

EPOC will elevate resting meatabolic rate for some hours after cessation, dependant on intensity, type & time.

building muscle (not bodybuilding)..useful muscle for our sport will also incr resting metabolic rate.

Supplements are mostly money wasting schemes & like most 'short cuts' are a waste of time too.

I believe chilli stimulates metabolism..how much of that can you take?

Not sure what use water tablets are at all.
  • I agree, with the old addage of a balanced diet, expeling more colories than puting in, also working on the larger muscle group's will also begin the increase of one's Metabolic rate, but with so many suppliments on the market, surely something must be in it?????

Oh and the little birdseye chilli's are great at putting some fire in yer belly......

after that yer on yer own! [:@]
    All the science I can find says the only thing in it is money for the sellers.
  • [8|] Hhhmmm.......... dont fancy going into business then do ya??? [8|]

[:D]
    Gosh yes..lots of folk out there looking for the 'magic bullet'.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Metabolism (metabolic base rate) is a function of Genes and Body Composition.

Choose your parents wisely, exercise to increase the muscle percentage, decrease the fat.

Supplements are hardly significant. If they were really any good they would be a medicine/drug.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    On the topic of water retention, Ive read a few articles on taking a glycerol solution prior to exercise in hot environments and the benefits of hyperhydration, less urine and water loss, and resulting increased performance in cyclists. Lots of conflicting evidence though and seems like something you could get very wrong, trying to mess with your body's abililty to retain water.