Home Chat General Chat

polar batteries

I have an S410. Battery lasted about four years, so that seems about right.

I thought "how hard can it be?"

Actually, a bit harder than I thought.. everything OK but the sound, which just used to annoy me ;-). That was a year or so ago, and it is still working fine.

It was very fiddly to change the battery, and a lot of different contacts and stuff. A really bad design which put me off buying polar again (a garmin 405 + HR is now my main device, just used the polar for the gym).

I expect your local jeweler will find it quite challenging too.... unless you know that they are reasonably competent.

Comments

• My Polar S520 is playing up, yesterday no hr and no speed on bike. Think it is the batteries in the watch as the screen fades and then goes blank, can use the stop watch on its own tho. Have had it a while (bout 4 years) without changing batteries.

Can anyone advise me on this? has anyone had the batteries changed by a local watch repairer instead of sending back to polar and paying approx £20.

• agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    Just be careful if you do take it to a local place, as it probably wont be waterproof when it returns...
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Yes, I doubt mine is waterproof either, but I've not tested it.

I think my advice would be to send it polar - probably worth the £20.

I only did mine myself because I wanted the excuse to get a new one. But it worked too well.. so I got another 2 years out of it :-)
  • Thinking if it breaks after local repairer has a go it wont be a major problem as I can have a new one [:D]. The screen has marks on it and I can only just work out HR.

Do use it for swimming tho so the waterproof of the unit is needed.

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Sounds like batteries - like the others stated get them replaced by an arthorised dealer.