Home Chat General Chat

Kamikaze. The Banzai Charge! Anyone?

Hey BlinkyBaz

That looks fantastic!!!! I'm doing the Grizzly, which I'm also beginning to worry about on the 8th!!

Good luck (hope the knee hold up!!) and let us know what it's like - it's the sort of race I'd definetly be up for in the future...

Scotty

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Is anyone doing the Kamikaze. The Banzai Charge this year on the 8th of march?

I have signed up and an now slightly nervous!!

If youn dont know it chck out the link.....

http://www.votwo.co.uk/votwo2007/events-and-adventure/race_view.php?i=59
    Hey Scott,

Thanks man, the knee is good. All the guys i play football with think my sprint speed has increased and they kick me more, so thats got tobe good news.

I will give you a graphic race report if I survive.

Hows the ankle rehab? Must be over soon!
    So I have done it!!!

OH MY GOD! it was by far the hardest run (adventure run) I have done. I have completed a few off road hilly runs but nothing like this.

The 7 miles seemed not to matter it was the hills that did the damage. The guy who won did it in 1.12 and normally does 7 miles in 35 mins. I took a respectable 1.52 and placed 112 out 294 finishers.

I really would recommend this to anyone with some brain cells missing and wants a dam hard run. I will defo be back next year a bit fitter and not wiser.

The link to the website is in the first entry on this thread.

Maybe see you all there next year????? I am feeling it today but still the feeling of being a finisher is pretty cool!

I also entered the Bristol Half marathon this weekend. its in september anyone doing it?