Home Chat General Chat

Should there be a 220 Forum Triathlon Club/Team?

jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
Not sure what you'll all think of this (other than that daft highlander's off on one again![8D]) Noticed the tri-talk forum lot have got themselves affiliated to the British Tri Association and have got club kit and all sorts of stuff ordered. I've been using the forum for club type banter (given we ain't got a club[&o]) and wondered if anyone else would be up for a 220 forum club! I think if we affiliated it to BTA and Tri Scotland you get money off your race entries as well! [;)]

Comments

• WellaWella Posts: 188
    Jaz,

Still in the early days of my trithlon experience so I may not be the best to comment but yeah, sounds like a good idea. My focus at the moment is looking at the races closest to me, like most I guess, but the odd race where a team could meet up a compete as a group sounds like a good idea, if thats what you are thinking. I also don't have a local club, or I've not found it yet, so the added support would also be good.

Wella.
  • craig75craig75 Posts: 21
    Count me in!
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Sounds like a plan to me...
  • Sounds like a great idea to me.

We could break the country down into regional teams and this way we would at least be able to have reprsentation at most races in the UK. This would also allow for a little competitive spirit amongst the regional teams as well, we could devise a scoring system and have a winning region at the end of each year.

Yep, well and truly up for it, count me in

HAppy
  • ianogbornianogborn Posts: 64
    Thats a brilliant idea, I am in the West Sussex area and would love to help or be involved in any way I could, so count me in too !
  • Sounds like a great idea! Def interested in more details!
  • fatmattfatmatt Posts: 145
    i'd be up for being in some relay teams, maybe the swim or bike leg, open water swims my best thing, any distance, and i'm not too bad on the bike, but an awful runner, so if anyone is entering a relay team and you have a space i'll do it!!
  • JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Sounds great. I have more contact with you guys than I do my own club.

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    i cant wait to see how we agree on a colour scheme for tri suits and the like ....

mad
    Given some of the comments you have posted on here re colours etc mad can I make the first motion of the club that you are excluded from the colour scheme debate...[;)][:D]
    220 stealth racing team ..... all in black

220 crusing club as above but in cerise

220 eco tri ..... recycled lycra & recon bikes in rusty brown n black

220 avengers .... with a robin hood theme (hey guess who's friar tuck)

220 prison break racing team ... complete with carbon handcuffs & areodynamic orange coveralls

220 racing team (southern branch) ..... aka the morris dancers (dressed accordingly)

this could go on for ever ....
    What the heck is cerise?

Being a Scot I would go for tartan or bright orange lol.

cerise is a kind of pink
    this could go on for ever ....

please don't let it

spoilsport...........
    How about king of the cruises - like king of the mountains but cerise (posh pink) for the spots - As I know its important for you mad can you get laccy(elastic) laces in the cerise?
    see Loon i knew you wanted to join in
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    To echo Jasons comment I'm have more communication with you folks than I do my own team!

Definately keen to look at the idea some.
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Rather fancy the cerise myself, but not sure about men in pink lycra??? (On second thoughts, some of the Tour de France guys look cool in pink .....)

Living near Nottingham I also like the Robin Hood theme, but don't think I'll be able to manage the Maid Marion outfit on the bike - might impede the swim a bit too....

Seriously though, it would have been nice to have identified more of you/us at Wimbleball this weekend, so I'm definitely in favour of a club of some description.

And mad, I think you just get madder!!

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    This is looking promising then... I personally thought the colour should be lime green and chocolate spots!!!![;)]
    any thoughts on a name ???

team I think implies elitism especially if we stick words like racing in there... so wondered if we should go with a tribal thing ...

tribe 220

tribal tri uk

you get the idea

madnurse
    I like technology type colours, like red/grey/navy blue etc.

Name wise what about :

'220 UK' or 'Team 220' (Team two-two-o, not twotwenty) Hopefully they won't sue us.

the name depends on support that may or may not be forthcoming from 220 I guess...

i.e. "220 Triathlon Tribe".. is free advertising for the mag

Where as "Random Tri Nutters" isn't really...

Though I guess it doesn't really matter if we advertise the mag

unless we take it a stage further and look to promote a tri related business in return for a little help from them ..
    Yeah that would help with the club kit as well as it means none of us are having to "buy stock" as it could all be handled through the shop

220 mag or a shop aint fussed if that is a route we wanted to take...
    we would need enough people interested to make it worthwhile if we was to go with a 'club kit' so to speak but as it happens i know a man who makes trisuits and stuff & another man who has just opened a tri shop .....
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Count me in any help needed just shout up.
  • trichamptrichamp Posts: 22
    Im already in a team but this sounds like a really good idea to me!
    if i have the right angle on this it could be a club for anyone & everyone to join there must be loads of people like jazzdog who havent got a local club - it needn't be elitist in anyway with the criteria to join simply being a desire to do tri regardless of experience, ability or location.there are now over 300 forum members plus god knows how many guests accessing the site .. this could work.

madnurse

yeah sounds like it might just work....