Home Chat General Chat

Heart rate monitor's

Polar everytime. They even do a cheap one that acts as a bike computer as well as HRM

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Depends on your budget!

Polar for just HRM.

If you want a GPS feature, then Garmin + HRM.

• Brilliant!!! tri-dwarf starts a thread that I was just going to start.

In same boat, my polar is packing in and rather than spend £50 getting batteries and belt replaced am looking at suunto t3c or polar cs300. Has anyone got any garmin recommendations? Quite like the idea of GPS to track open water swims and run speed so that will rule the polar out.

A question on the suunto t3c I would like answering if possible??? if you buy the multisport pack can you differentiate between cycling speed and run speed during a race? does that make sense?
  • Any recommendations for Heart rate monitor's........

preferably suitable for running and cycling?

Having trawled through Wiggle, Ebay and some of the local sport's shop's it look's like Id be spoilt for choice but which to go for ???
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Don't know how well GPS things work in the Water.

My Garmin 405 _won't_ work - the charging points are exposed, and they would corrode too easily.
  • I use the suunto tc3, its brill. tells me everything i need to know and so far no probs.. i highly recommended it.

I'm on a tight budget so i bought the pods ( periferal observation devices) over time one month the watch, the next the foot pod, the next bike ect... over time i've ended up with them all gives me cadence, running speed bike speed, the pc pod puts everything onto the pc its all wireless and love it ( can you tell ) [8|] i am a bit of a geek though it must be said.

Theres a load of places on the web that do them sailgb.com do cheap pods

in reply to sevenspud..........

Yes. To do this, exit and re-enter the training or spd/dst mode to search the belt or the PODs (with t6 you need to press the Connect -button in Training mode). To measure correct average speeds and distances for the cycling and running sections, remember also to take a lap time at each transition.

This is the answer from the suunto web faq page, hope this helps..
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I think I will be selling my polar rs200 if you are interested?
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I would recommend doing a lot of research before you buy - I bought a £35 basic HRM at xmas which works well but I have already outgrown the very basic functions and wish I had spent more time looking for exactly what I wanted ...
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Hey

I have just bought a Oregan from the internet. It works really well and only cost £27.99. I am on a tight budget but it seems to have some good functions.
  • Hmmm TommiTri I shall keep that in mind, although its that annual, Oh god Im another year older day coming up so will wait and see....
  • Anyone use polar cs300? it says online no ability to store laps? Need this ability for intervals.

Also suunto HRM do not record in water, how do people find this when competing? I like to know when out of the water what HR been working at.

Need to get HRM soon as lost without one. New battery from polar is 20 quid plus the transmitter cant have long left so am splashing out on new one.

Any ideas for 100 - 150 quid?
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Im a big fan of Garmin stuff I have a forerunner 50 with foot pod and cadence which cost me £80 all in via Amazon and ebay and it does more than enough for me.

I used to have a polar cs300 but I got fed up with the sonic link it took ages to connect sometimes dont know if it was my computer or the watch but the Garmin ant is very good.

Mat