Home Chat General Chat

Simple question - How many Lengths?

Hi Folks

How many lengths of a 25m pool is the equivalent of the ironman swim?

Comments

• agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    simple maths...

3800 / 25 = 152
  • Maths is anything but simple to a thicko like me.!

I would have got there in the end but it's is quicker to ask my fellow 220 posters

Thanks for the info
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I quite like bashing out lengths in the pool from time to time, but 152 must be mind numbing. I'd be looking for a 50M pool, but we're not overstocked with them in the UK are we?
  • I did 150 lengths once as 'training' for a Swimtrek holiday. I remember that it all got very surreal, noticing the daylight fading and also people leaving and joining the lane all the time. You get into that trance-like state.

It's a strange thing to do - and you get some really weird looks from the staff when you eventually stagger out of the pool....

blurredgirl
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Do the swimathon...swim up to 5k & someone else counts & you get to raise money for a good cause as well.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I stuggle to do my goal distance of 60 lengths in the pool, it gets so mind numbing, how do you guys cope?
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I sit at the end of the pool & do the counting (don't tell ANYONE but I lose count even then).
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    I always lose count of how many lengths I have, even doing 2500m in a 50m pool! To get through it you just keep going... I think 7 years of staring at an erg screen for hours on end has helped...
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    yeh, see I'm not one for the just keep going and get through, hence why I like shorter distances!
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Britspin wrote:

I sit at the end of the pool & do the counting (don't tell ANYONE but I lose count even then).

PMSL!!!! I know exactly what you mean - your mind just drifts off!
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    That all sounds like far to many turns to me i'd much rather swim in open water .

Surely you must end up either really in the zone or really bored maybe its cos im an awful swimmer going more than 20 lengths and its time to hit the steam room.

Mat

• top post.

i noticed the same!! they really looked at me weird cause i was wearing my wetsuit.