Home Chat General Chat

Completed my first dualthlon today .

GGBGGB Posts: 482
Well done GGB.......sounds like you did great!

How did you feel crossing the line?

Comments

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    As per title - I entered the Chilly duathlon at Castle Combe - 2 mile run - 10 mile bike - 2 mile run.

Was a good event, even though the start was delayed due to the childrens race overunning.

It was a great experience and has given me a bit more confidence in completing a triathlon now - which I have already booked one so far.

No fantastic times am afraid but great for me - My goal was to finish in under 1hr 10 mins - am not a great runner.

2 mile run completed 13.48m

T1 1.55m (bit slow I know)

10 mile bike completed 29.20m

T2 + 2 mile run completed 16.41m

Total time 61.46mins - I was very pleased :D

I am so happy that I actually completed it that I had to make this post ;)

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Congratulations. Very well done!
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    well done GCB

Decent times, how did you find the second run off the bike?
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Yeah, very well done GGB, I remember mine - it felt like I was going in reverse on the second run!
    Cheers for the congrats :D .. makes it all the better, especially considering I only started to ride a bike again in August last year and only started to run in December - (Could barely run a mile then). So my theory is if a an unfit person like me can do it anyone can ;)

Gary - felt great going across the line - I sprinted the last 100m and overtook someone lol ... then almost collapsed just after the finish lin ... felt exhausted.

Clarkey - 2nd run wasnt too bad at all - no wobbly legs ... I think in Duathlon, due to you already running 2 mile, its an easier transition so to speak - in my training bricks I have have found that bike then run is painful but run bike run isnt too bad.

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    good work
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Thats great news! Glad you enjoyed it! Tell how did you gin the transitions?
  • Hi well done! [:)]

i did my first duathlon a week ago (have done tri's but never a duathlon) distances where quite similliar to yours.

i really liked the fact that you didn't have to struggle out of a wetsuit-made trasition a little easier. though my second run was a lot slower than my first!!
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

I have my first of the season (and second ever) on Friday at Clumber Park. [:)]
    Cheers again :D .. am still buzzing from actually completing it. Looking forward to my first triathlon now.

Transition is going to be a problem for me .. I haven't got the best eyesight in the world and on the bike my sunglasses steamed up somewhat - once into transition I couldn't spot where my kit was, in both transitions, I knew roughly where it was but going to have to work on highlighting the area a little bit more. I was thinking maybe a bright multicolour illuminous towel placed on the bike bars and one on the floor. (btw it was only a small transition area too - So I am going to seriously struggle when it comes to the London Tri.)

I don't run or cycle in my glasses as I can see fine - but when trying to focus when closer eyesight goes to pot, especially when exhausted.

Nivagh .. good luck in yours on Friday

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    Nice one.

How did the legs feel on the second run?[:D]