Home Chat General Chat

Advice on Hillingdon Tri Series

Morning all,

Im currently training for my 1st sprint tri which is the stratford 220 in may. However i was wondering about taking part in the one of the races in the Hillingdon Tri Series. Just wondered if this series is beginner friendly? I see that the format is slighty different as the bike ride is last and its also an open water swim however im a strong swimmer. Im not sure if it will be too much too soon!

Hope you can help.[/align]

Comments

• BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    I've never actually raced in this series, but live in the area and know plenty who have. It is very beginner friendly and as far as I can tell well organised.

For your interest I am involved in running a coaching day for novice triathletes at the same venue as the Hillingdon races on the 18th April. If you would like further info, go to www.britishtriathloneast.org

David.
  • nessytnessyt Posts: 25
    I cant make that date which is a real shame as im taking part in a swimathon!
  • levisonjlevisonj Posts: 2
    Hi nessyt,

I can confirm that the event is certainly beginner friendly. This might come in useful to give you some background on the race http://www.tri247.com/article_2036.html

There are usually 80-100 athletes (we don't seek any more), so you shouldn't get too bashed in the swim! Everyone starts together.

Mostly importantly - FREE DOUGHNUTS AT THE FINISH [;)]

(If you found the Minet Duathlons fun, a similar friendly/club vibe at the triathlons too). Hope that helps, happy to help further if needed

John