Home Chat General Chat

The free cycle shots

Hey all.

hope the weekend is going well!

Has anyone got any feedback on the free cycle shots we got with 220 this month?

I tried them this morning on a cycle and I nealy through my guts up! it wasnt the taste just the reaction with my stomach. i think I should have washed it down with water.

Any thought's? On either the freebie or the stomach reaction?

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    ate em during & after a cycle class, no gastric probs....not sure about the taste tho'.
  • No Dheli Belly here..........

and If im honest, quite liked the taste of the Cola shots
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    They tasted quite a lot like haribo, so i think its all down to how used you are to massive sugar doses. I quite liked them, and im sure the caffeine would help a lot towards the end of a long ride when your concentration starts to wander, though they werent as calorie dense as i was expecting/hoping
  • I used them last week on a practive run and this weekend on my first 1/2 marathon. They seemed to keep me going but 5/10 minutes after each one I was in need of a good burp! Perhaps that says more about me thatn the product.....
  • hbiker108hbiker108 Posts: 23
    Hey All

I quite liked the Cola shot thingys as well. I tried half a pack half an hour before a turbo session and is seemed slower if anything. I ate the other half later in the night and went straight to bed and slept for 8hrs so they didnt do much for me. they did taste quite nice though.

HBiker
  • BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    I liked them and they do what they say on the tin... but wine gums/jelly babies are just as good for a 1/4 of the price - COmpare the nutrition!

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    Well mine have gathered more dust than anything else on the top of the fridge, so thats a good thing, slightly less to wipe off next time we clean. I should proabably try them soon.
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    I thought these were delicious and a welcome change from bars and gels! Totally agree - harobi and wine gum feel to them, and no gastro problems for this lad.
  • steved25steved25 Posts: 37
    I really enjoyed them

It was nice to have something solid on the bike and it was a small treat every few miles

But i am not sure if they gave me any more energy.

It seemed like a good excuse to eat sweets .

cheers

steve

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    I had mine on the bike during a spinning/swim brick session the other day. Thought they were OK, and I didn't get cramps or soil myself (which is a good day in my book). Can't see me ever using them during a race though, more likely to take them on a long ride as a treat to myself every so often.