Home Chat General Chat

How much weight have you lost this week?

Thought I’d start this post for those of us who are also looking at losing weight while we train, we might find support and hopefully strength to keep going....

I’ve had a couple of backward weeks due to illness/injury and binges

Target: under 100Kg by June

5th Jan – 112.5kg

12th Jan – 111.3Kg

19th Jan – 109.6Kg

2nd Feb – 110Kg

9th Feb – 108.5Kg

16th Feb – 107.5Kg

23rd Feb – 107.7Kg

Scotty

Comments

• Nice thread. Be interesting to see if anyone out there isn't trying to lose weight!!! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]

Original Target: under 98Kg by March

New Target: under 95kg by May (recently decided)

2nd Jan – 103.4 Kg

9th Jan – 102.5 Kg

16th Jan – 101.2 Kg

23rd Jan - 99.9 Kg

30th Jan – 99.9 Kg

6th Feb – 98.8 Kg

13th Feb – 98.5 Kg

20th Feb – 98.2 Kg

• fantastic work scott.

i dont have any scales and refuse to weigh myself, especially when doing exercise, muscule density is greater than fat so i always put on a bit of weight when i start exercising, but still loose body fat. I need a belt to hold up my jeans at the mo. I know I am loosing fat because my clothes feel bigger and i look slimmer in the face., and my boobs shrink - arrrr! I am just aiming to drop a dress size rather than weight.

Well done and keep up the good work.
  • Great thread Scott

there's something about writing down your goals and achievements that spurs us on even more....i don't know about my weight up to this point but from now on will weigh myself every week to see what's going on...

so...

24th Feb: 74kg
  • Hi

why is every so absesed ahout losing weight i am sure there are probley as many who need to put on a bit of weight rather than lose it and all these posts about lsoing weight make them feel under more pressure

Andy

• firstly what are all these kg? i dont own scales so have to use my mams and hers tells me in stones!! think im between 8 and 9 stone at the mo but in all honesty i havent checked for a long time and have eaten a lot of junk lately!!!

but scott thats mint - youve lost loads! x
  • I was wondering if there were other people out there doing the same as me. I'm trying to take a more disciplined approach this year keeping a training diary, race calendar, and keeping an eye on my weight each week, so...

07.01.09 = 77.8

14.01.09 = 77.3

21.01.09 = 76.8

28.01.09 = 76.6

04.02.09 = 76.8

11.02.09 = 75.8

18.02.09 = 76.6 (not sure what happened here)

25.02.09 = what's it going to be???
  • LOST??? ah think i'm going the other way recently had gone from 74kg (11.6st) to 65kg (10.2st) by the end of last year last time i weighed i'd put on 2kg (4lb) in one week-wot d f*@>??[&:][:'(][:@]

Will not post here unless i start giong back down!!

well done scott[:)]
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    As some have said - don't worry about loosing weight - its about defining the muscle and and getting fitter.

I do weigh myself most days but only for a laugh - just to make sure I am not putting weight on - I have lost about 2 stone in 6 months and now need to start building up the weight again ... long story but I now need a full new set of clothes I have lost 4 inches from my waist and unfortunately 2 inches from my chest and nothing fits me ... whatever anyone says about Triathlon it is bloody expensive lol ...

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I thought I'd never have to this again - the public weigh-in.

This morning I was mostly 76kg I am aiming to be sub 70kg by June.

Tips on weight recording have the scales close at hand each morning get out of bed perform your ablutions and then weighh yourself. By all means take a daily score but its a weekly average that should be decreasing

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    hehe, never thought of that side of the expense of triathlon GGB!

I get what your saying though about not worrying too much about loosing weight, but loosing the right weight can do great things for your performance, especially running!
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Ha, Im loving this thread. I expect us all to give each other hell on weeks where no progress is made, plateauing is for the weak (says me on a 3 month plateau).

So here goes:

02/2008: 94kg

08/2008: 83kg

21/02/2009: (I go hi tech!!)

Weight 85.6kg, BMI 25.6, BF% 13.8, visceral fat 10, muscle mass 41.1%

Goal: drop the 5.6 kg and make sure its all fat, preferably from the gut!
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Ive not lost anywhere near the amount of weight that I think all this running cycling and swimming deserves so im gonna invest in some Carbon bones and [color="#990033"]Red skin then start working on the porridge brain.

seriously well done everyone Ive set myself the modest target of dropping 2 stone this season 1/4 of the way so far but the last stone is gonna be a bugger cos its all gotta come of the belly . Time for sunday morning bricks with long slow runs

Mat

[/color]
  • My first weekly weight in.

Last Week: 107.7kg

Today :106.1Kg

Happy [:D]

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Good lad. keep knocking that weight off Scott. At this rate you will be a bean pole soon.

If I lost any weight the wind would blow me away. i am 6 FT and 11.stone 6.ibs

i like to think of it as bantom weight.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Wow Scott, good work! Thats impressive stuff. Well my swimming coach's sessions must be doing something cos I think Ive had a good week too, but birthday cake will be hard to resist this week! Also got the mudman duathlon next weekend so im cramming in the carbs this week.

21/02/2009: 85.6kg, BMI 25.6, BF% 13.8, visceral fat 10, muscle mass 41.1%

28/02/2009: 84.8kg, BMI 24.8, BF% 13.2, vf 10, mm 41.2%
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    GGB wrote:

... long story but I now need a full new set of clothes I have lost 4 inches from my waist and unfortunately 2 inches from my chest and nothing fits me ... whatever anyone says about Triathlon it is bloody expensive lol ...

Actually, for me it was/is worse than that.

Step 1. Loose weight -> Waist goes from 36 (38 on a bad day) to 32 inches.

Requires a new set of clothes.

This is done through walking, then running.

Step 2. Start doing Tri training, i.e. more stuff in the gym/swimming, waist goes down to 30 inches, but Chest/Back increases!

Now my shirts don't fit again: Too big over the stomach, too small at the chest/back.

I now need a second set of clothing.

Maybe I should just wear compression clothing all the time.

I'm not really grumbling.

----

In terms of weight, I sort of don't need to loose any - just need to get the composition right.

Since not being able to run for the last month, my weight has crept back up again. But some of this is to do (honest!) with more gym work and strengthening work.

My target is really to get body fat < 15%.

My race weight is probably around 12st/76 Kgs.

Last Monday I was 12st 9lbs - Heaviest for a year or so. But I spent most of the weekend quaffing and eating.

Today I was 12st 4lbs.

Body fat percentage 16.5% last week, 16% this week (not really statistically significant).

If I was just running, then I think my ideal race weight would be 11.5st. Possibly a bit lighter.

The missus says that If I dip below 12st then she will not be happy, as she doesn't like skinny blokes.

• RhinoRhino Posts: 13
    Only weighing myself once a month to keep motivated. I find if i have not lost anything over a week i start to think is it worth it.

Trying to lose most of the weight before training harder. Started running, doing about 5 miles 3-4 times.

Talked my boss into signing up for cycle to work scheme, collecting new bike on Friday.

5th Jan 93.5 Kg

1st Feb 87.6 Kg

1st March 85.3 Kg

Target 80 kg

Rhino - You are doing great! i understand the not weighing in every week idea. I would strugg;e with motovation if I did not lose anything. Keep it up.

Good thread this. Does make me think what is next?

How much soreen did you eat this week??????LOL
  • Lost 2lbs feel better[:D]
    Happytribunny you go girl. Thats good news. when the weight loss makes you feel good you need to pull on the red top and go faster.
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Well done everyone - Its encouraged me to buy some scales now!

i'll join in on this thread when I get them! (i have a fat monitor, would that do?)
  • jasonculljasoncull Posts: 36
    I have done 2lb in the last week, although I am a big man so won't see it :)

• Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. Just got back from my Snowboarding holiday in france and have found I am 2.5kg heavier!!! Damn that French cheese and beer. Also, why do people insist on buying me chocolates and cookies for my birthday?

Current weight - 92.5kg

Target weight - 85kg
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    About 2 years ago I was 83kg, now Im 72kg and just seem to stay around this.

My diet changed, stopped drinking alcohol and began triathlon type training more seriously. Happy with where I am for a 6ft bloke.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    24th February: 74kg

7th March: 73kg
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    garyroberts wrote:

24th February: 74kg

7th March: 73kg

You should really stop gary: 17th May 2011: 00000kg [X(][X(][X(]
  • Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    I'm in,

wc 2nd Mar - 100kg

next update 9th Mar
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    I find the whole weighing issue totally depressing. I have been training consistently for about 5 months now and still weigh virtually the same as when I started. I mean within 2 kilos (if that). Customers at work who see me periodically keep commenting that I look slimmer and I have muscled up more. I've dropped a dress size. I know that muscle weighs more than fat but am I just at that plateau stage before more fat comes off or am I just naturally built like that and will never change much?!!!

It's quite frustrating; am naturally curvy but don't look 'overweight', I eat a healthy low fat diet apart from the very odd treat at weekends. I base my diet around plenty of fruit and veg, Gillian MacKeith and the Glycaemic Index loosely- not too many carbs especially at night.

Breakfast = homemade smoothie with porridge oats, ground almond, soy milk, fat free natural Yoghurt and handful fruit

Lunch = healthy brown rice etc, aduki beans, quinoa, salsa and avocado or tuna (with small amount mayo) wholemeal bap x2

Dinner = chicken breast dry pan cooked and fresh veg/sauerkraut with small amount of granule gravy so it's not all dry.

I have virtually cut out alcohol (have maybe one or two pints midweek and on saturdays a few glasses of wine or beers if out with friends) and am doing at least an hours fairly high intensity exercise virtually every evening. I use isostar drink powder at a low concentration for intense classes and a small protein shake after workouts so that I get protein intake within 1/2 hour. I don't eat a lot of chocolate or crisps/biscuits- eat rice cake things with a really thin layer of mayo instead as a snack.

So what am I doing wrong?! Every BMI etc tells me I'm overweight and even the nurse commented that 'I carry it well' but I don't really know what else I can do/eat so that i have the energy to train and can lose some weight. Anyone got any ideas? What is working for you? Apologies for length of this!!!
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    I've been dieting for a few weeks now, to get myself down to what I consider as racing weight for myself, and it may sound a bit obsessive, but I use mr HRM for all the exercise I do, so I know how many calories I burn, and count everything that goes into my mouth, including weighing everything and counting all drinks (litre of mango juice is about 600 calories!). If you aim for a small deficit a day (around 500 calories), you will slowly start to lose weight, but remember it is a slow gradual process, if you try and do it too quickly you will just burn yourself out.

But the main thing is not to get too hung up on weight, I haven't weighed myself since I stopped competing in lightweight rowing where it actually mattered, and go on how I look. When I think I have lost enough weight from how I look, I'll up my calories, so calories in is equal to calories out. In my opinion the BMI system is a load of rubbish, that is a VERY general guideline my sedentary people, and has no account for people who actually train for something and so will have more muscle mass on them. If you look thinner, then that ultimately is what you are looking for, not what a pair of scales is telling you!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    2/3/09: 12st 4lb (78kg 23.3 BMI)

9/3/09: 12st 3lb (75.5kg 23.2 BMI)

steady as she goes!

Race weight target (for 29 March) <= 12st, 76kg.

Although 75kg sounds like a nice round number.