Home Chat General Chat

Anyone doing Windsor OD?

Hi all, is anyone out there doing the OD or sprint infact at Windsor this year?

Im hoping to get out and cycle the route a few times in the spring etc.

Comments

• Hi Chris,

I'm doing the Windsor OD this year, my first olympic distance event..

I'd be interested in going over the route if you fancy it? I suspect I might be slower than you though..

I'm pretty local (Bracknell).. Let me know..

Scotty
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Hi Scott, id be more than happy to help mate. its an awesome race, i was next to jenson button in transition last year, (his bike took the piss abit)

And trust me mate you wont be! cycling running or swimming for that fact arent my strong points....

Ok well theres a group of us that are hoping to make it a regular ride so ill let you know when we are going out etc, probably be a couple of weeks yet. Do you get time to train in the weeks or is it just weekends?

Also open water swimming, do you use Heron lake or is this your first open water swim as this does need pre race practice (sorry if im teaching you to suck eggs)
  • I was pretty impressed with Jenson's times last year....

I try to commute along some of the route on the way to work (Maidenhead), currently, I'm training mostly at weekends, but as the nights get lighter I will be training more in the weeks as well.

I'm a member of a local club (Eton), but I'm always insterested in more training especially if it's nearer my level of Novice, I'm so amazed that group rides seem to be quite a bit quicker than my solo efforts.

I haven't done any open water swimming, I've picked up a wetsuit and I had planned to go to Heron Lake, but I didn't think it was open yet.. do you know when it opens?

Definitely interested in a regular ride of the route..

Scott

Last year it was last weekend of April, but it was cold cold cold! we try to get down there one day a weekend, its a big help and shock when you first get in!

How is it training with a club? ive been wanting to do some stuff with a club as i need to improve my times etc... especially swimming and running
  • The club is really useful, organised rides, runs and more importantly coached swim sessions... I'd highly recommend it.

I have it in my head to to go swimming at Heron lake before work once the season is open.. I'd prefer other people were there to be honest ....... there at the weekend would suit me. The club also get a discounted rate at the lake...

I'll PM you my detials and we can have a chat..

Scott
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Hi there,

Based in Windsor and doing OD this year for the first time. Currently injured but definitely will be trying out hte bike course a few times. I've recently joined the Berkshire Tri Squad who train in an daround Windsor, Ascot etc... Drop me a message.

Also swim at Heron Lake and Liquid Leisure in warmer conditions. First weekend at Heron last year as mentioned definitely took the breath away.

Cheers,

Jon
    Hi Jon, if we can we could get a group together and do the bike course over a weekend, its a nice cycle to be honest, maybe even combine it with a swim one morning, i think theres a few windsorites on here...

Ill give you a shout when my bike comes in, im sufferening from hip problems at the minute so im not going too crazy, just yet
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Sounds good to me. I'm also not 100% at the moment after a car smack. Hopefully by April/ May I'll be back on it.