Home Chat General Chat

moving from sprint to olympic

I am relatively new to tri and in my first full season I have done a few sprint at the end of last season and the club relays. CaN anybody give me advice on extra training I need to do and some flat fast events to try in the coming year

I currently train 2 hours swimming a week , 3 hours running and about 5 hours on the bike and a member of a tri club

any help appreciated

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    So long as it is quality training time you should be around halfway up the age-group field in an Olympic with 10 hours per week, maybe higher. What are your goals?
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    My goal is to qualify for my age group at next years worlds as it's in europe. I am aiming to do the sprint in under 1.08 (I did 1.17) last season with hardly any training and get under the 2.30 for the olympic.

My training is with a try club and is a pretty good quality as I am training with a group of people how went to last year worlds (age group) in vancover all at least 5 years younger than me

swim time 750m 10.05

bike 25K 43.20

run 5K 22.15

this was my first one last year and have a full winter of training concerating on the bike and run and am know averaging over 25 MPH for 2 hours on a sunday bike and doing a brick every month

Any idea's on a good flat and fast sprint for thsi year and also olympic I did hatfield last year and also the national club relays as well as cleveland

all help appreciated

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I'd say with ten hours a week of good training, you can cope with the HIM too.

of course it should be accompanied by good rest, nutrition,.... as usual.

I competed in oly's the last 3 season on 4-5 hours a week, and am middle of the pack, higher last season. Don't ignore the other important factors besides training!