Home Chat General Chat

IM UK 2008 on Channel 4

Did anyone else see it?

I recorded it. I found the 6000 starters fairly scarey!

I couldn't believe that the guy that was 2nd on the run stage just dropped out and said he'd had enough.

Very intresting, does anyone know when the next one is on?

Comments

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    He dropped out because he was slowing and he didnt want to injure himself is my guess. Its not like he is an amateur who just goes there to finish... he won't feel bad for dropping out. I would.
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Conehead was right - I watched it again and he had another race.......

I tried looking on Ch4 website, but can't find when the next one's on!

Any help?
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I watched that too - the gloy of sky +... but i have to say it scared me somewhat, the number of starters and the fact that the guys at teh fron, Cartmell and bayliss(?) never seemed out of breath, halfway on teh bike and they're chatting away to the camera, and the run they seemed to be taking it quite 'easy' never struggling or anything (until of course Cartmell started to fade - that said, i had to laugh when the interview of him was showing and he said 'I've never swan that far in one go before' 'I've never riden that far in one go before' and (you've guessed it) 'i've never run a marathon'. That, to me is fantastic! i think he's my new hero! I am definately going to have to do something that i have never done before - i can unfortunately feel the pull of an ironman next year...oh dear
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Thats my plan too md6 - I'm going to do the Don Fink 'BeIronFit' training routine - some of the guys on here are doing it now for this years!

But I'm starting to save £280 to enter! (pretty steep!)

It didn't fill me with confidence though they kept saying that the UK one is a really tough route! Oh well it wouldn't be an Ironman if it was easy!
  • I found this episode rather emotionally inspiring.. I too am planning for IM 2010.. as long as I get through the 1/2 this year....

I would like to see a program about the non-elite competitors....

I think there was only 1500 starters, I think the 6000 was a reference to number of arms/legs flaying around in the water at the start.

• agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    Pity its not available on 4OD... [:(]