Home Chat General Chat

Camping it up @ Blenheim

Hi guys

I am trying to find somewhere for me and the family to stay near to blenheim was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Campsite or hotel i'm not fussy although the wife says at one race this year I have to book us into a 5 star hotel with a spa.

I was think more tent with a Spar

Thanks in advance for the huge amount of replies.

Mat

Comments

• julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Try Woodstock, or Oxford, which is further away but will have more variety of places to stay. I hear that the Randolph is very nice and it does have a spa although you might have to sell a kidney to afford it!

Woodstock, though, is quite a pretty place and therefore probably has a few guesthouses - I would suggest though that if you're thinking about it you get moving soon - isn't Blenheim a race with 3000 people entered?
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I stayed here last year - http://www.greenhill-leisure-park.co.uk

It was very nice and i will be staying there again this year. Loads of space and decent facilities - decent price. It's about 10 minutes drive from the palace. Ideal really.

Is this your first time at Blenheim? If so, get some hill practice in. You won't regret it.

See you there.
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Thanks for that Mowf looks perfect.

yeah my first blenheim I have heard a load of good things and everyone keeps telling about hills but surely the palace grounds cant be too hilly.

Can they??

Mat
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Technically the bike course only has one big hill. The thing is, you have to go up the blasted thing 3 times... The run is never really flat - you're either running down or up!

Stuart Hayes won last year and said it was pretty much the hardest sprint tri in the country. The atmosphere is incredible though and the organisation is spot on. And I've found the difficulty is actually a plus - the next one i did was easy in comparison.

You'll love it. And it looks like you're doing it for a good cause, too. Good on ya.

• julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I heard that too - that it's a hard course for a sprint. I did the bike event there last year and tried to take it pretty easy until I got the measure of it.

I'm sure that the amazing views more than make up for the hills though. Personally I'd much rather be doing Blenheim, with its hills, than Eton with its bleak and windy run up and down a rowing lake.