Home Chat General Chat

When's your first tri of the year?

I feel like I've got to know (vaguely) quite a few of the regular contributors to the forums. I wanted to know when everybody's season really gets started, when your first race is and where.....so come on, lets here it!

Comments

• husslerhussler Posts: 237
    My first Tri is on 3rd May at Horwich and is:

800m pool swim, 40k Bike, 12k run

My first Duathlon is April 19th at Oulton Park

Anyone doing either of them??
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Done my first dualthlon and still contemplating which Tri to start with - but probably going to be in May.
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    My first one now is gonna be the Eton super sprints, 17th May i think.

was hoping to do some duathlons before then but doubt ill be running before then
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    My first one's the club championship on 2 and 3 may.

First race every year, waking up from hibernation.
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    May 31st - Sussex Triathlon. This is a pool-based sprint event (so an easy start to the season) with a gorgeous bike ride through Sussex countryside and a great run on grass. This was my first ever triathlon last year, so quite special for me.

After that I need to sort out some Olympic distance events.

blurredgirl

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Skipton, North Yorkshire - Sprint. 19th April.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Austria 70.3,St.Polten ,May
  • eaton 17th cant wait wont wait

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Stratford 220 sprint 10th May. Got my first ever duathlon at one of the Big Cow events in Milton Keynes in 3 weeks.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    Currently first one booked is Blenheim in June - it's my 3rd time and i have unfinished business with that damned bike course. 'A' Race of the season is Dorney Steel Man in July.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Eton 17th May, first tri ever for me. I see there's a couple in this thread doing the same... Nice one.

It can't come soon enough.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    First Tri is may in wellington (somerset)

First race was yestrurday (sunday 8 th) Hardest 5race I have done and only 7 miles. It was cross country and my god it was up and down all the way. Massive hills and loads of cold water and mud.
  • gomiboygomiboy Posts: 59
    E Grinstead pool-based tri is the first - 17 May. Only doing it for training for the Forestman Ironman in July - that's my 'A' race. Might do a couple more late summer but that's the big one, and my first Ironman.
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    lanzarote ironman 23rd may. utterly terrified
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    Eton in May (on the Saturday) and then Windsor in June
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    hussler wrote:

I'm doing Oulton Park! I did the Autumn version last year and the track is lovely. Very smooth and no potholes unlike a road race.

The only problem I saw was a couple of the quicker guys taking the tightest line in the corners got punctures from motor racing debris on the track.

My first tri is the Cheshire Tri in Nantwich at the end of May.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Jules wrote:
    ORIGINAL: hussler

I'm doing Oulton Park! I did the Autumn version last year and the track is lovely. Very smooth and no potholes unlike a road race.

The only problem I saw was a couple of the quicker guys taking the tightest line in the corners got punctures from motor racing debris on the track.

My first tri is the Cheshire Tri in Nantwich at the end of May.

Thanks for the heads up!

I've just entered. Looks like just what I need as a season opener: Reasonably "short" 4k ish run, 25k ish bike, 4k ish run. And on a nice closed circuit, which is great!

I've scratched everything else from the diary, excepting a 10K Road race at the end of March, hoping I will be injury free by then.. then three weeks to get injury free again before this!

Really looking forward to it now it.

• First run was yesterday, the grizzly (arghhh.)

First multisport is Marlow Duathlon on 22nd March - Need to start some bricks!!

1st Tri of the Season 25th April - RAF Wattisham (nr Ipswich) pool based sprint at my sisters Base

• combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Currently June 14th Wibleball - UK 70.3 and I am bricking it - my first Half IM

I really need to find a good warm up race in May that doesn't clash with everything else!!

I.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Am now 80% sure my first Triathlon will be the Mallory Park Triathlon on 4th May - just got to book the thing now ;)

• NobzNobz Posts: 22
    Well my first event of the season was last weekend with the Clumber Sprint Duathlon.

First ever tri is the Humber Sprint on April 5th, then I have an the off-road Ampleforth Sprint on April 11th! Both pool swims, first o/w is Rother Valley in June.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

My first Tri wil be Mansfield on April 5th. Was in the Clumber Duathlon on Saturday but dropped out after the 5k with a stomach bug that kept me in bed for the rest of the weekend. First ever DNF. [:(]

Hopefully get a local duathlon in on the 21st though.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Duathlons warm ups:

22/3 Marlow Duathlon

5/4 National Duathlon

First Tri is:

13/4 Thames Turbo Race 1 (Sprint)
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    my first tri of the season (and ever) is at the end of May Crystal Palace Sprint (pool swim 750m) which i am slightly terrified about, then in June I have the Henley Sprint (also in the pool, but a much shorter 400m)

Non-Tri I had a 1/2 Marathon on Sunday...

• Hi everyone.

My first tri will be Winchester on 19th April - 400m pool swim, 20mile bike and 6 mile run. I've then entered my first Olympic distance on 21st June in Liverpool and am now bricking it about the 1500m swim (though quite excited at the same time).

Looking for another OD to do at the end of the season.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    combatdwarf wrote:

Currently June 14th Wibleball - UK 70.3 and I am bricking it - my first Half IM

I really need to find a good warm up race in May that doesn't clash with everything else!!

I.

Same here, exactly.

• I am doing a half marathon bike ride in Liverpool 10th May then my first ever triathlon on 31st May at Nantwich, 33 m saltwater pool.
  • lauraflauraf Posts: 31
    First ever triathlon 17th may, Driffield sprint - scary!!!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Hey Rocksteady, might see you at that Winchester 'Fast Twitch' tri. If I skip it my first will be Salisbury 'Fast Twitch' on 24th May. The Fast Twitch tri's are good openers for me: 400m swim is too short but I don't care as I'm happy to swim any distance you give me. Bikes are usually short of OD at about 18 miles which is OK. Runs are around the 4-6 mile mark so again not going to kill you but worth turning up and having a go.

For anyone on the South coast-ish area I'd recommend them. www.conceptsport.co.uk and no, I'm not in any way connected to them.

After that I have an undecided season of OD events, also hope to do my 1st half IM towards the end of this year.
  • Hey Bopomofo - maybe see you there, I'll be in a fetching green Cycleworld tri suit.

I'll second that. I did 3 of the Fast Twitch tri's last year, Winchester being my first. Everyone was extremely helpful and calmed my pre first tri nerves.