Home Chat General Chat

Novice Day

What would this 'Novice Day' include?

Comments

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    I would definately be interested in the day but I have no idea at a cost, and I wouldnt want to offend you. Great Idea though and if/when it does go ahead please inform me!
  • steved25steved25 Posts: 37
    It sounds like a top idea for me

there's no point spending hours pounding the streets and splashing about just to balls it up with transition etc

please keep me posted

Steve

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I've signed up for a novice day in Dulwich (I live in London village) which is affiliated with the London Tri which covers pretty much what you suggest above at a cost of 42 quid.

There was another one think Boycie posted (see below) which goes for 60 quid.

http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=27944&mpage=1&key=training%2Cday&#27944

To be honest, if I lived oop north, I'd be interesteed to go for yours Conehead. Seems like you know what you're talking about and would probably be a good laugh as well which at this stage of my Triathlon career is a large part of the enjoyment I get.

Cost wise I think 42 quid is reasonable and 60 quid is getting towards the top of what I'd pay.

• BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    We're running a similar day in April. We are charging £60 for the day, which I personally think is a bargain. The guy who is running the open water session for us runs his own swim technique company and charges £50 for two hours swim coaching. The reason we are keeping the price down is because it is the first one we are running and we want to guarantee value for money.

The way I look at it; a novice triathlete could spend either £150 on a decent wetsuit or £300 on a good one and I doubt it would make them any faster, for a days coaching you could offer alot more.

David.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I feel like a right tight ar$e now... Boycie fair point on the swim coaching comparison. I have paid a helluva lot more for than 60 quid for a swim coaching day, but then it was only a group of four people. I'm guessing the triathlon days would be much larger groups so benefit from economies of scale?

I guess it all comes down to value for money. I guess I'd rather pay £100 for a worthwhile coaching day with knowledgable coaches and relevent tips than 42 quid for a coaching day which is crap. But you only find out after the event and part of the problem is pricing at a level to attract people in.

In summary, yeah I'd pay more than £60 probably up to a £100 but expect more with possible smaller numbers.