Home Chat General Chat

Ecstacy: The greatest moment of my sporting life!

Now, gentle reader, that I have your interest, you will be wondering what I could have done to be so transported on waves of triumphal pleasure!

Could it be that I have taken 12 minutes out of Treefrog on a OD, wearing nothing but a pair of green flash plimsoles, a pair of Speedos on my head, and riding a clown bicycle?

No, better than that!

Could it be that I have managed to drink godluvsatrier under the table?

Better than that!

Could it be that I have beaten britspin in a "how many malt loafs can you stick in your mouth at once" competition by over 1.73 loaves?

No. Even better than that!

What. Have I managed to shave over 30 minutes off Conehead's record for swimming 25.2 miles through porridge. And, that's microwave hot porridge - so, by the time you get out, you no longer need to wax your legs. Or any where else, for that matter.

No. Even better than that. Even better than tattooing my entire body red..

Could it be that I have managed to press all my work shirts the day before I actually need them, thus both claiming the "World Ironing Man Champion" title, _and_ getting into the missus's good books.

Well, not quite _that_ good, actually.

No, the reason for my delirium is that I have managed to run for the first time since sustaining the injury that I have been whining about since 1st February.

I feel elated. Not being able to run was making me so frustrated I was crying myself awake at night. But, being able to run again, and without pain. 5 mins.. felt good. 10.. great.. pushed that pace a little. Stopped at 15 - didn't want to overdo it. Marvelous.

Will have to see what tomorrow brings, but so far it feels good. I just hope I've not passed on on the batten of pain to Mr Roberts as a kind of belated birthday present.

Now to celebrate with a nice glass of beetroot juice. It's red. But not like wine. At all.

Comments

• graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    LOL - Excellent - I'm glad for you!

I'll hopefully be feeling the same in a few weeks!

I'll be interested in knowing how quickily the running comes back.....
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    [:D]

Good stuff - must feel pretty good to be able to run again.

I'm booked in for surgery yet again and am absolutely dreading not being to do anything.

all the best, and don't push it.

blurredgirl

• agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    Wow congrats! I've had a knee injury since april that has kept me from running properly, and could only manage 5k with it severely strapped up and very slowly! However, have gone against all the physios advice as I was getting frustrated, and the more I ran, the better it got the next run, and I can now run an hour! good job too, seen as I'm doing IMUK in august!
  • brilliant jack, that must just be a total relief. i hate being out for any reason let alone for so long!! my knee is giving me bother at the mo so havent beunning for couple of weeks just swiming cycling and walking, but on saturday i ran one mile on the treadmill. not far obviously and not on the roads but it felt so good!

here's a drink (of tea) to being back to running! may it be long lasting! x
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Good news on the knee front.....I am going for 2 loaves before the season starts...soreenman.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    BUILD UP WISELY, fingers crossed!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Excellent! 15km of sprint intervals tomorrow, then? Good man.