Home Chat General Chat

Is too much Soreen a bad thing?

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    See what I did?
  • I've been training for my first sprint tri in June, and have been regularly logging into the forum to learn the jargon/get some tips.....and now I learn that Malt Loaf is GOOD. Very random! Just one question....please could someone explain what Red means?

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    look for the 'Why red ' -thread!!!

(maybe you should try pink first!!!).[;)]
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    i've eaten 2 whole soreen loafs in the past 24hrs or so, I think I'm addicted! I hope this stuff isnt bad for me!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    @ Britspin - You have now become the king of the forum. Not only is that the greatest shirt ever but it appears to have malt loaf size pockets in the back!

Cool link.

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Britspin wrote:

http://www.foska.com/acatalog/Road.html

Check it out.

genius .... Credit card at the ready ;)

How many wrappers do I need to collect?
  • So glad I started this thread![:D][:D][:D]

NEW QUESTION:

How do you eat yours?

A- Cut it into slices and arranged on a fine china plate.

B- Smother it in butter.

C- Tear of chunks with your hands, 'cos you're a man, dammit!

I'm just worked my way through a whole loaf using method C.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    i must be rather effeminate then! i carefully slice mine, evenly spread butter, and then top it off with some apricot jam. hmmmmm[:)]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Not effeminate..more like heretic! Jam? On malt loaf? Are you serious?
    The how do you eat Soreen is an interesting question!

Bow if I am having a party I like to have it on fine china plates cyt waffer thin with real butter! LOL

Of course when training I like to bit off my sizr chunks from the loaf.(I dont mean chunks the size of a man)

For breakfast slice it thicj and sandwich topgether with some marg!!!!!

I eat to much of this stuff.

On another note I truned my back on Soreen for one loaf the other day and tried Tescos own, My god it was bad. Nothing like malt loaf as I knowit, It was more like cake.
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    carefully sliced, lightly toasted and then buttered. Biggest problem is that the butter melts into a pool on each slice and then falls onto the carpet making me very unpopular! Have solved this by eating the two slices (can never have only one) in the kitchen next to the toaster so the butter drips onto the worktop.

Think I'll try the jam option later on.
  • jonnnijonnni Posts: 32
    I am a naked man myself - stop giggling matron!

I mean my malt loaf

I am amazed that such a 'fat in the diet' focussed bunch even consider butter

I am thinking about trying a sliver of primula but the cheesiness may clash terribly with the maltiness - a bit like crossing the streams in ghost busters - not sure it is a risk worth taking!

• 2 4 a pound in co-op too! i slice mine and have butter then make sandwich. Though i have done the tear chunks off after a 1/2 marathon! i even had to educate a german colleague at work as he'd never had it!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Bought my first ever Soreen at lunchtime today. It's sitting on my desk looking at me... Bit worried about what I'll be letting myself in for if I have a slice but here's goes...

Hmmmm... stodgy, slightly drier than I'd expected... malty...

Have to admit I'm ever so slightly dissapointed but it's not too bad, not too bad at all.
    You just need to look into different serving ideas!

Come on you love it really! well it was only your first slice, tell us about it when you have finished your first loaf!
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    This will make you laugh. I always ignored this thread, because i thought you were talking about some fancy supplement. I was in Tesco today and saw the shinny yellow wrapping with 'soreen' on it and realised what a numpty i've been.

It's all one big learning curve, this triathlon lark!
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    50% extra free in Sainsburys, twit-twoo!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Funny looking back at this thread ... at the Chilly duathlon last week there was a competitor with the soreen cycle top on :D

Btw co-op have 2 for £1 at the moment.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Did you see if he had a couple of packets taped to his handle bars instead of gels? If so, it was probably britspin.
    morrisons has stopped the 2 for £1 offer, its not raisen and cinnamon, which is just not as good as the original!

what am I to do?
    @ Tommi Tri

Looks like you are going to have to do the TRI thing and pay over the odds for it.

Just remember its soreen after all!!!!
    but thanks to the offer they have none left, I'm off to asda!
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    After ignoring the yellow bags of what I assumed had to be some over processed fat laden junk, I got my first soreen about a month ago. After that, its been scary. I eat 4 loaves a week, ripping big man sized chunks off at my desk every morning after running. No butter, no topping just delicious malty goodness.

Are the other flavors any good? I've stuck with the original and can't imagine improving on it...

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    ripping big man sized chunks off

That was the bit that got me. I've been without Soreen for over a week, but I'm off to the shops NOW.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Is it a sin in these credit crunchy times, to buy the 18p Tesco's value Malt Loaf?

If so I'm off to stand in the corner....
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    We are very disappointed.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Darn it.. If I promise to only buy the stuff that comes in the yellow packaging will my soul be cleansed?....
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Is there some reason why malt loaf is better than other types of fruitcake?