Home Chat General Chat

Weather yesterday

Feel your pain! I wasn't quite dressed right for the near 2 minute change in the weather yesterday. Was 2 hours into my ride and a fair distance away from the house when it all went rather sour.

Cue - manic push to nearest train station and a nice warm-up ride back to home.

Comments

• deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    Anyone get caught in the storm? I was 30 mins into my ride when the rain started, by the time the thunder and lightning kicked in I was getting a little worried. Haven't had hands that cold in a long while.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    8.30am start, blue skies, breezy, cold...hoping for a tailwind all the way round..didn't get much...just turning into my road & the rain came..I don't think I have ever managed that before!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Same here, britspin. Bit of a later (10:30) start for me + chums, but was just putting the bike away at home when the rain/sleet/gales suddenly started.

We'd gone out prepared (well, I had a roll up cagoule tucked into my seat pack!) but not prepared enough. Glad we got back in time - could have gone very wrong though.

Lesson duly noted.
  • I cycled 50 miles and then did the Llanelli half marathon. I think I experienced every bit of weather going, hail, sleet, rain, sideways rain up rain, oh and a Swansea hurricane.

I decided to have a rest day today!
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    yep - got caught out as well. Just made it to the cafe stop for tea and cake before the deluge of rain, hail and howling wond. Cold, soggy but fast ride home, head down and going for it.

No mercy was shown to those poor unfortunates who got dropped off the back - thankfully I just managed to hang on to the end.

A warm bath back home...ahh bliss...sometimes a shower just isn't up to the job of warming up those fingers and toes.