Home Chat General Chat
Options

Which wheels?

Hi everyone,

I'm really a newbie but have been lurking on here for a while gathering some much needed information but now i need a little more advice so i decided to post at last.

I have a trek road bike which i am making a few upgrades to to help me with my tri season ahead. I need to upgrade my wheels but am unsure which route to take. I dont have a very large budget and have seen the rodi wheels on the kinetic one website. Has/Does anyone on here use these. They look fantastic value, but as they say are a little heavy. Should this worry me as my bike is never going to be the lightest anyway, or would i be better with a set of normal road wheels such as mavic aksiums and not worry bout the aero side of it? i am about 180cm and 73kg so am not that heavy myself really.

I will be doing a handful of sprint tri's this year building up to the olympic distance at london in august.

I look forward to hearing your views on this and all my future questions!!!

Comments

• Options
    MGMG Posts: 470
    I have a pair of Aksiums for training and comuting, these wheels are BOMB PROOF!! You could easily race on these wheels as theyre not too heavy and have flat aerodynamic spokes. Main thing is these wheels toughness, I have hit loads of (fairly large) potholes on these wheels and they are as true as the day they were made.
  • Options
    langers08langers08 Posts: 19
    I have a pair of the Rodi's & they're great value. I've just upgraded to some carbon Qoroz wheels (from Andy at Kinetic-One) & they're absolutely fantastic & half the price of just about all other deep section carbons. If your bike's not that expensive I'd go for the Rodi's.

Hope this helps.