Home Chat General Chat

What does the discerning duathlete wear for winter?

So I've got my first Duathlon of the year next week in Marlow, prior to the Nationals in April…

…but whatever shall I wear?![:)]

Run leggings under a tri suit?

Where are Trinny and Susannah when you need them?![8|]

Comments

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Leggings yes, plus arm warmers so you can chuck them off in transition if it warms up?
  • Hi Gun..

I'm at Marlow too!!!

I was thinking of Tri-shorts and T-Shirt (with Compression shirt underneath). The wife brought me a Seperate Tri top, but to be honest I don't want to scare the locals..

Scotty

• gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Scott - don't think you'll be hard to spot.

I'll be sure to say Hi.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Gun, what sort of standard are you?

I'm doing the Spring version of the Oulton Park Duathlon in a few weeks. They do an autumn version too but that one is now part of the national championships. This is putting me off as I'm envisaging rows of gleaming carbon beasts (which I don't have) and super-quick elite athletes (which I'm not) and I don't want to embarrass myself!
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    JULES - I'm still pretty new to all this; started training last summer and did a few Tris.

This year I'm moving from Sprint to Olympic distance, so I figured the early Duathlons would be good way to benchmark any advances I've made over the winter.

I've been told that, 'Yes the Nationals attracts the top guys but there are still plenty of age Groupers out there.'

I'm sure there will be plenty of carbon in the transition area though!