Home Chat General Chat

The Official (drinking) Wall of Shame

Comments

• 1 hour swim this morning. 2 hour bike this afternoon. As much Magners as I can drink tonight in Swansea with my mates (no triathletes all rugby players). Should get myself rehydrated with all that Ice.

Been a good week training wise, week eight of be-ironfit (over 10 hours already this week) and have only a visit to the gym planned tomorrow for anything thats take my fancy (probably sauna and jacuzzi to sweat the nasty toxins out.

Have not drunk since xmas and is the first night that the Mrs and I have left the baby with my parents. This has been planned for a while all I need now is Welsh win tonight.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Wednesday (1/40). Nothing!

Thursday (2/40). Nothing!

Firday (3/40). Nothing.. so far.. but it is hard going. There is still half a bottle of pudding wine left in the Fridge. It is calling me... but I will resist.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Blimey, pudding wine?! Can't be too hard to resist that (well, without pudding anyway!)
    BexH wrote:

Blimey, pudding wine?! Can't be too hard to resist that (well, without pudding anyway!)

Ahhh! You can understand the desperation then. There was a reason why half a bottle had been left....
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    3 white wines...i don't like this topic anymore
  • weak.......weak.......that's me.......weak!

But at the same time i'm still a little proud of myslef............had a (single) can of fosters last night........and that's it! :o)

Would normally polish off at least 4 cans and a couple of glasses of wine..........so i'm weak (falling off again) but strong (climbing on again).

What's better is, i feel that little bit fitter this morning, a little bit lighter and a little faster!
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Hmm it would appear weve all gone tee total!!!! I have to confess to a couple glasses of wine friday night.. followed by a very laboured swim on Saturday morning
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    oooops!

what wagon? i can't see any wagon, what's a wagon?

"happy birthday tooooo meeee, happy birthday toooooooo meeeeeeeeeeeeee"
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    On Friday night I swopped the usual Staropramen in the local for Guinness; which is sort of black and white and looks like it's full of goodness.

Last night a Stella and half a bottle of white wine were used for purely medicinal purposes.

Nobody has drunk anything since the 8th? Wow!

You must all be like me then - not had a drop since 24th Feb. I can honestly say that for the last two nights I haven't even thought about have a drink, once. Had completely forgotten about it until I received a thank you note from my liver in the post this morning. Colour me smug.
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    i just got fed up posting my sins day after day ALTHOUGH i have been clean since Saturday night so doing well this week
  • 3 Weeks sober today!!!!

Shame on you drinkers!!!!! How I envy you......
    three weeks?!

what's that like? does the world look any different? are you beginning to reconsider doing this crazy sport - you know, since the braincells have grown back??

Well done buddy. You're a better man than me [:@]
  • I really don't want to link things like, improved mental status, improved performance, improved motivation improved training, better sleeping pattern with the giving up of drinking.. I'd swap them all up for an ice cold beer...

Truth of the matter is I'm more afraid of what the wife would do to me if I broke my no drinking promise...

I have a date in mind for my next "drink" after my first Tri in April.. my sister said she would take me to the Mess on her Base...

hmm... Cheap beer surrounded by squaddies after not drinking for 10 weeks after an triathlon.. What could possibly go wrong....

and with the above statement I've given you a quick insight to my life and beliefs [:)]

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    No alcohol at all since lent
  • I've managed not to post on this thread yet, in fear that if I started, I would be a super member in no time at all!!!

Alas, another bottle of wine opened tonight and on night shift tomorrow, therefore, it seems I am set for the evening.....Do I have to post for every glass I have or just once for the bottle?
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    It depends - if you finish the bottle in one night! i got a case of various beers for my birthday and they keep staring at me......oh sod it! beer time!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I drink therefore I am.

If anybody has a problem with that then I'll fight yer, once I've had this next can of lager...
    Well im in madrid for a stag do bull running this weekend, so i can put this on this thead and the training thread technically!

So this is my wall of shame entry for friday saturday and sunday when i think its going to be pretty much 18 hrs a session.

Thats it then i promise
  • Well, just finished bottle of wine and the Hennesey is looking at me and pleading.............
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Oi Clarkey... are you taking your bike to Madrid? Just thought you could maybe do a an hour or two on the bike before the bull-running then you could log it as a brick session.

Anyway, confession time: I'm a tight arsed git so if I want a beer at home I buy that horrible super-strength tennents shite then mix it 50:50 with economy lemonade to make a 4.5% cheap-skate shandy. Problem is that I'm out of work, p*ssed off and the shandys are getting stronger.

Just realised I'm on my third can tonight. This is very bad.

Weirdly, I'm also training like a monster at the moment. Up one minute, down the next. Probably best if I join the tee-total club until I get a job.
    Bopo

Thats a cracking idea, does riding the bull count? Keep your chin up buddy
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I don't post on here due to the fact that I would be posting most evenings ... so in future I shall only post when I haven't had a drink ;)

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    GGB wrote:

I don't post on here due to the fact that I would be posting most evenings ... so in future I shall only post when I haven't had a drink ;)

Were you drunk when you posted this???[image]http://rednas01.mygb.nl/img/cheers.gif[/image]
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Is it bad to celebrate a good swim (and, ahem, a rubbish turbo) with a Stella......or two?
  • 3 weeks wasted..

bad Scott!!!

Will start again todoy.....

I shall only post when I haven't had a drink ;)

ha ha ha [:D]
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    2 pints last night of the west countries finest offering to the world. Thatchers Gold!

Please forgive my wealness and blame it on the landlord! Or the boogie. Boogie Boogie
    Here's some motivation for you.

Both myself and the missus have given up the drink for Lent (which is about 6 weeks).

By my crude calculations - say five bottles of wine a week (£6 per bottle) = £180.

Say 4 pints of beer on average in the pub per week at £3.00 per pint = £72

A bottle of spirits = £15

A few bottles of beer = £20

Gives a total of 287 - round that up to a nice tidy £300.

That's a pretty decent amount of kit. I've practically paid for my new bike [:)]

Plus the weight loss - 1kg == 30 seconds on a 10K.

I'm just wondering about what to do after lent...
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Keep on keeping on!