Home Chat General Chat

Should there be a 220 Forum Triathlon Club/Team?

13»

Comments

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Got a reply from Mr Editor himself...

Morning Kevin

Good to hear from you and thanks very much for your valued contributions to

the 220 forum.

We're in the process of reviewing your magazine and website, with the next

editorial meeting taking place in the middle of July. There, we'll discuss

the potential for a 220 team (which, coincidentally, was already on the

agenda!).

Will keep you updated on relevant repercussions post-meeting.

Best wishes

James

Editor 220

Seems we need to press on with the idea ourselves for now...

P.S. Nice Avatar BonusB!
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Sounds like good news to me as it must have some internal backing somewhere if already on the agenda! Fingers crossed eh?!

Cheers Jaz, I'm rather fond of the mushroom head [8D]
  • craig75craig75 Posts: 21
    This sounds good - really gathering momentum.

ps. What do you think of this name. Imagine it in the style of a white number plate on the front of our tops and yellow number plate on back....

220 4UM

[8D]
    Try it for yourselves at....

http://www.demonplates.com/platebuilder.php

Looks good! (I think)

[image]local://292/B57A0298B7A44B76931B2D8EC25D3B81.gif[/image]
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Nice - Wots the "M" bit?

Good site that as well for abit of work distraction

• Blimey, take a break for a few days and it's all happening! 220 4UM great idea! Sorry though cerise def not my colour - how about keeping it simple and going for a black and white strip?? I'm pretty sure Looneytoon will go for it too![:D][:D][:D]
    loonytoon, the 'M' is as in FOUR-UM

220 Forum or 220 4UM

You get me![:D]
    yeah I get you know - I was gonna say you bloody kids with you street and txt talk but I am assuming 75 is the year of your birth making me the kid ;)

I was thinking m was a seperate word

220 for you man

[:D][:D][:D] The wife's a toon fan so she'd be happy if it was black and white stripes - not sure if the white number plate would look so good with it tho[:D][:D]

I like the 220 4UM idea. Although I also like the Tri-be thing as well ... I used to be indecisive... now I'm not so sure![;)][:D][:D]
  • RewRew Posts: 62
    I'm the same as you AB. Take a couple of days off and things have run away.

I agree with most things said so far. I'm also not with a club, train on my own and don't really meet up with anyone at events (billy no mates really).

As already said I look for local events usually but have spread my wings as far as Blenheim and Windsor this year with plans to strech further next(from essex). So it would be good to meet up say a day or two before with some locals to reccy the course or practice rides with locals etc.

It would be great to have a 'team kit' of sorts and be able to meet and chat with you guys.... although cerise!!!!!! maybe with black spots.
    AB - Black and White (vertical) stripes works for me infact I won't need to buy any kit ;)...A black arm band may be appropriate the moment with "midget" busting his knee.

Excellent! Another toon fan.

Like youm, I already have my mags shirt so I can stick that on a 90 degree wash and hey presto....

our team tri suit.

Howay the 220 4UM tribe!
    I'm liking the 220 4UM Tri'be as a team name if we get the nod. Good call Craig!
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    the black n white thing works .. even fits with the tribal thing (club tattoos as a spin off) ... its the 4 um thing ... sounds i dont know odd almost like its out of the beano

mad
    Craig - 90degree wash it'll melt
    The BEANO was cool![8D]
  • trichamptrichamp Posts: 22
    why black and white . . . newcastle are rubbish! why cant you support a decent team like QPR!!! i vote for blue and white hoops!
    Personally I vote we stay well away from namby pamby sports like football and have a rugby team inspired top. Tigers!!

Can you see why I don't like the football idea [8D]

Seriously though I'd be wanting to avoid anything to do with any other sports club colours. More likely 220 may have some input as well if they back this.
  • WellaWella Posts: 188
    I'd offer my rugby club colours but they make me sick looking at them, green and white hoops!

I'm not sure skintight horizontal hoops would suit me anyway.

Wella
    I too like the 220 4UM Tri'be thing but lets hold off on the name thing til we hear back from 220. If not then the Tri Tri'be could be an option?!?

Next thing we need to decide (apart from club colours) is what the club would do? Do we want to affiliate to BTA (this means we only need to pay £38 quid instead of £48 or thereabouts if we go for want to join individually).

Might also be an idea to find out where in the country everyone is (some may already know) Then we can figure out a midway point for the club adopted tri or training weekends etc.

I'm for affiliating to BTA and from Inverness.
    It may be easier to have an individual thread for locations? The person who starts the thread maintains the initial post by editing in peoples locations, then we have a quick way to get an over view.

In fact done. See http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=2933
  • Good to see the black and white theme had some support!! On the plus side would be easy to do! [:D]

black n white as a tribal theme not as geordie footie tho'

mad
  • Of course! My footie alleigence had nothing to do with it!
    splutter !!!!!!!!!!!!
    or mine ;)
    arh Loon .... you have resurfaced ..... all this secret service work is really hampering with your triathlon old boy
    yeah...holiday mate in Barca (at least thats the offical line) always a pain forum wise as there tends to be loads of posts that just can't be caught up with...