Home Chat General Chat

Sadistic GF's...

BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
Guys.

I remember there was a thread a while back with people talking about possibly waxing/shaving. Having taken the plunge here's my 2p worth.

I decided to take the plunge and try it out (on the sound advice of Dr Pepper's maxim of "Try it, you may like it"). So rather than plunging into the dark arts of depilitiation (think thats the word) alone, I sought the advice of my girlfriend, who kindly offered to wax me, and that this was the best way forward... To say she took sadistic delight in my suffering would be an understatement as she merrily made her way up my legs. Then she deicded to mention my chest hair (ok very feeble it was to and I was glad to have shot of it) however my belly hair was a luxurious rug of manliness which she then decided to let it be known she disliked and thus it to went the same way as my leg and chest hair. I was sold when she said it may make me look slimmer. I now look like a 6 year old with my top off. Albeit it a slim 6 year old. And it didn't hurt to much...

The moral of this is be very wary about asking partners for wax advice and offers of help as literally once they start they just cant stop. (Thank you Pringles). And you know how good the ladies are at getting their own way.

The upshot of it is that I now have shiny speedy legs (which will make absolutely no difference to my bike or swim times).

But the itching....

The horror. The horror. The horror....

Comments

• WellaWella Posts: 188
    Two words Bonus, 'Phillips' and 'Bodygroom'.

I gave the torso a go thinking it would speed up my swim. I then realised I'm not in the national team and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. How wrong I was, i was a whole 7 seconds faster. I then bought a trisuit which covers it up anyway.

I love my wife but I would never let her near me with wax, or worse, a razor!

Seriously, if you decide to stick with shaving try the Bodygroom thing for about £30 on Amazon.
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Brave foolish boy! Never ever ever let a woman near you with wax (unless of course you're into that sort of thing!)[;)]

My wife was the same when she did the hair on my back.... remember Del boy's baby in Only fools and horses (Damien) with the red evil eyes! That was the look my wife had when she was doing the waxing thing! [:@][:@]

Lesson learned! [:)]
  • peterparkypeterparky Posts: 59
    Hey Bonus

As a mature(ish) bloke of 37 with 2 wonderful children and a very recent pregnancy scare. I was very quickly booked in for the old snip- yes and this was yesterday 3 days after my fall on my bike (broken arm) guess who had to shave me nuts!! The wife - you just can't imagine the grin on her face as she held the razor!! Thankfully all present and correct. (I think i have upset someone lately). Don't think i will go for the all over shave though - does feel odd.

Ian

• WellaWella Posts: 188
    I do share Bonus's comments about looking like a 6 year old. It is REALLY weird when you first look in the mirror but you do get used to it. Not that you tell many people mind you.

• BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    I felt very self concious first day I went to the pool aftyerwards!!![:o]
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    So peterparky do you feel "Liberated" with your new hair do.
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    anything for a PB on your 10k run eh peter
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]

OH MY GOD! Wife razor and pants off .... I'd run a PB to get away from her!
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Not a good point to develop a nervous twitch either...

At least they let your wife do it rather than a nurse (male or female...)
  • LOL![:D] remember the look on my beloveds face when the consultant mentioned me shaving him for the snip and then said " and if she slips you'll save a couple of £££" made me laugh!
  • joBidjoBid Posts: 16
    It's the wiggling and scritching that comes with the re-growth that makes me laugh!!!!![:D]

All I can say is : Men remember what us girlies go through to keep you happy........legs etc

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    as the only clinician on here i am happy to wax the lot of you ... for a small donation to the fund of course

madnurse [:D]
  • CenzoCenzo Posts: 91
    as I have often said to my non triathlete mates "Real men like the feel of cold steel against their shinbones"

And there is no way on gods earth that mm gf is ever coming near me with a razor! (not unti win the lottery & buy her a ferrari anyway)