Home Chat General Chat

Tri suit..

jacjac Posts: 452
Hi guys,

I was waiting for this month's 220 mag for the tri suit reviews before I buy one..

Anyway, after reading them, there were none that stood out.

The Sugio edged it..but is let down by the drag factor in the pool (which I could really do without!)

Was wondering if anyone had experience of the 2XU range or Zoots?

Or any other recommendations?

Cheers,

jac

Comments

• gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Got 2XU and Orca.

I like the 2XU best as the bike padding is better made.

Can't really complain about the drag in the pool - haven't noticed it.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I have a Zoot tri-suit. And while I have no basis for comparison, I have found it to be pretty spot on. No noticable drag in the last pool tri I did. I even managed to beat the race winner's swim split (needless to say he then went on to put about 10 minutes into me on the bike and another 2 on the run...). I tried on Orca and 2Xu ones and just prefered the Zoot - no science behind the choice. It was just more comfy.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    hey jac, a mate of mine got the 2XU endurance trisuit and loves it. I went with the orca equip and its lasted a full season with no hassles. Im also thinking 2xu now.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I got the 2xu endurance suit. Pretty pleased with it... Haven't got it wet yet but tried it on the bike and the padding is sufficient for me.

Also it's black which is slimming apparently and hides the old 'muffin-top'.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    I got the 2xu endurance suit. Pretty pleased with it... Haven't got it wet yet but tried it on the bike and the padding is sufficient for me.

Also it's black which is slimming apparently and hides the old 'muffin-top'.

I too have this suit and concur with Mr. Flavadave!
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    I was in Tri UK looking for a Tri suit and this one was on the peg for £89.99 - so I bought this package!!

http://triuk.com/web/index.php/Triathlon-Packages/TRI-UK-Starter-Pack/flypage-ask.tpl.html

absolutely crazy really. I find it slimming! (Now I sound like a girl!)
  • I'm quite new to this but what is it with the slimming things? Surely it's about fit and comfort..... Slimming who's bothered about that?
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I too have this suit and concur with Mr. Flavadave!

So this suit is great but you've never actually used it properly? OK. [;)]
  • Good sentiments Bopo, I have the 2XU endurance suit which I used a few times last year and found it to be pretty good. Would recommend that you try them on though. I went to Primera in Bournemouth who had several and the 2XU fitted the best. Unless you're going to be competing for top places, comfort is probably more important than which is faster. I think this has been mentioned on another thread recently?!?!?!?
    Yep Conspiracy, I think the same was said in the 220 tri-suit review: fancy materials are great but for most of us go for comfort. Hence my tongue-in-cheek comment: give it a proper go before you end up getting a nasty chafe or some other problem in a race.

I'm looking to buy my first 'proper' tri-suit this year. I've been going for years with some Q-roo shorts and an Orca top, but I've decided that the bra 'n' pants look is no longer suitable for my physique. Or my gut.

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    So this suit is great but you've never actually used it properly? OK.

Who said it was great?
  • i dont own one yet myself, this has been a good thread for me i also have my eye on the 2xu

cheers guys

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Be sure to Try before you buy ... I just purchased a tri suit from my local tri club - and it fits fine but :S .. it appears a bit loose around the thighs lol ... think I may need to size down or try another before using it. This is one of the problems I have with the weight loss.
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    I got a free tri suit from the Royal Navy!

Now i'm not saying i'm big but it honestly looks like I've stuffed 2 apples and a banana down there, It's a little bit mmmmm I don't think i can wear this in public!!

But my new one - I've swan and ran in it and it's nice and comfortable, exactly what you'd expect!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    'Now i'm not saying i'm big but it honestly looks like I've stuffed 2 apples and a banana down there, '

Thats the point of trisuits I believe..oh that & the chafing bit too..
    Is that a malt-loaf down your tri-suit or are you just pleased to see me?
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Or a baby carrot and two petit pois?
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Do people wear tri suits for Duathlons?

First one coming up - I want something that has some padding for the cycling, but also something that doesn't get in the way when running. Comfort and simplicity.

I don't want to look like a complete pratt though! It's bad enough grappling with the "do I shave dilemma".

• deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    i did london duathlon last september and there were loads of people in trisuits
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    How about those new edible trisuits, with a touch of Soreen-flavour.

They sure look great, even with a banana and Two apples![sm=kiss.gif]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    @benny: I am deeply in awe of you. Not only are you a triathlete, but you have mastered the art of being surreal, together with innuendo, in a language which I assume is not your native one. Very impressed, and I mean that sincerely!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Might I return that with pointing out to you and everyone else: Nice choice of colours on the shoes in the pic. It confirms the greatness of Jack H.

Now back to the edible tri-suits and other gadgets we really would to try out: after all, we're triathletes!!!
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    An update on my post - I went for the 2XU endurance tri suit. So far have biked and run in it and found it very comfortable. The padding for the bike seems pretty good and helped me keep good posture on the run.

Hoping to give it a go in the pool tomorrow night.