Home Chat General Chat

Madness

BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
Newport Velodrome, Sat night, how much skin will I leave behind?

Anyone in the area BTW, we have a session booked & lots of folks dropped out...£30 a pop I think 4-7pm, bike hire, insurance(!) & coaching included. Bring own shoes (Look deltas) & helmet.

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I went there last sunday! great fun! I love speed!

I would come britspin as its not far from home but I've gotta go away.

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Terrified...
    oh dnt be scared its amazing!

Its steep in the corners, but once you've gone round it once you will realise that you stick on! and the faster you go the more you stick on!

Its great fun, you will love it! especially the races! scratch races, its a free for all!
    Races? Even more terrified.
    yeh races, individual pursuit, there is nothing more motivating than when you get into the same straight as the guy your chasing!
    I suspect I will be the chased..
    Ow..ow.... ow....ow....ouch.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Just rub a few slices of well buttered soreen over the affected areas. You'll soon feel right as rain.

Is it just the legs? or do you have some nice track burns to show off!
    Burns I am afraid (the only time me & Chris Hoy are likely to share anything to do with track cycling), a part of me will be forever in Newport, namely the skin off my right hip & a couple of bits of elbow.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    It's worth wearing a double layer of clothing - e.g. shorts + tights, vest + long sleeve jersey the first time, so the two layers of clothing get to move, and take most of the energy/friction away from your skin.

But, you can feel pride, once the pain has subsided!
    oh no britspin you came off? eek, how did that happen? We had a pretty big crash involving 3 riders last week, that track is mayhem!
    There I was, on the bend, practicing my mantra 'keep pedalling, keep pedalling' coach Jon was telling us all the keep pushing the pedals, up by the red line middle of corner, suddenly I am sliding down the track & clatter onto the concrete. No idea what happened, maybe a second of not pushing enough, the guy nearest behind me said the same, one second there...next not.