Home Chat General Chat

Saddle problem!

Slightly embarrasing but every time I have a cycle ride be it 10 miles or 50 miles for a few days after I have pain under my groin and feel the need to pee very regularly.

While ridding I do get numbness and tingling in the groin and think it may be the saddle.

Am I suffering alone in this or can anyone recommend a particular saddle to relieve this problem?

Comments

• JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    I get this too, but I think I am just over weight at the minute lol. I did buy some great cycling shorts with the padding in. Have you tried that?
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    I have suffered with a numbness and tickling in the groin but it is not usually while I'm on a bike. I have a Specialized alias 143 saddle and have had no problems at all.
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Girlies please look away: there is a major nerrve which runs throught he peritonium, the pat you put on the saddle, and the pain is a known problem. This is why some saddles have a split rear section. Try dropping the tip of the saddle a notch. Sit slightly further back or slightly more upright n your saddle. See if these ideas cure the problem

DAvid
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    You can try getting one of the split saddles that may help with this, but its a case of experimenting which can be costly. Alternatively (and this is an and/or solution) you can look at tilting the nose of the saddle up gradually until you find a comfortable spot, as this forces you futher onto the back of the saddle when your cyclying, distributing your weight over a larger surface area which could help take some of the weight off said nerve.
  • craig75craig75 Posts: 21
    Thanks for all the info.

I can understand the numbness etc. but why on earth does it make me pee all the time after cycling!!! any docs on here with an explanation?

ps. just ordered the Specialized Toupe Saddle! wish me luck!
  • ianogbornianogborn Posts: 64
    I can fully agree with this, someone told me to tilt the saddle so that you sit further back on the saddle but after doing the london to brighton (57 miles) in one go, my testicles did go numb at one point and my bum did hurt, maybe that was due to me racing like i was on speed and wanting to keep up with a lunatic in front of me. The idea of a split saddle seems to be a good idea!
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    You don't want to go to the toilet all the time due to hydrating yourself really well while riding do you ?? Only a thought.