Home Chat General Chat

Is this a decent tri suit???

Can anyone help and tell me if this would do for a while as my first tri-suit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sugoi-Irod-Triathlon-Suit-Blue-size-Large-New_W0QQitemZ270358484888QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE?hash=item270358484888&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I'm facing redundancy and won't know till next week so I'm not wanting to spend a fortune. Got my first sprint a week on sat..... and I'm loaded with a bloody heavy cold.... great training!!

Comments

• Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Mate for the first few spend as little as possible to see if you like it or not.

However a few points

In the title listing it says Sugoi Irod Triathlon Suit

but in the info it say's ORCA ?????

I could be missing something but do a google search for sugio irod and you can get one from yanks ville for not too much more.

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Spotted that one but due to inexperience decided to ask the poeple in the know.

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    It's not an Orca in the picture.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Should also say if it's your first sprint and you're skint, don't bother with a tri suit. Just swim in whatever you swim in now and stick a t shirt on for the bike. I did that last year and was fine .
  • LindsLinds Posts: 124
    I got a trisuit from these guys last year http://stores.ebay.co.uk/swimwearonline-triathlonkit_Triathlon-suits-Trisuits_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ4QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I'm not going to pretend that it fantastic, but it's comfortable and was cheap - so key points for me.

My only grumble is the white "piping" which is a bit stiff, apart from that it's great and has been used constantly for a whole season (I do all my training in it) and it's not showing any signs of wear.

Top tip is to pick the cheapest suit they've got (normally the smallest size) and just leave a note on the paypal system as to which size you actually want.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Just for info check the back few pages of 220 triathlon - am sure I saw a bike shop selling Tri shorts for about £5 or £8 - maybe a good bet if you are short of cash.