Home Chat General Chat

The Official (drinking) Wall of Shame

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    still sober!!!!
  • Three days without a drink!!!!!!!

But thats only cos I'm on nights and doing twelve hour shifts. Roll on Sunday evening starting with a couple of John Smiths and then a nice bottle of red...................
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    First time out in about a month, I consumed...:

2 pints of snakebite

3 shots of aftershock

3 bottle of VK

Going to regret it in the morning...
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    interesting that the wall of shame hits the top of the forums come sunday morning!

my entry:

3 cans of export and a half a glass of wine last night. Bed by 11pm, just completed a 23k ride (its only 9:50) and i'm off swimming now. Gentle run later with my little girl. Gut is still too large, its got to go before my first tri (26th April). The tri suit is not designed to hide 'podge'!

The drink, biscuits, crisps, cheese and chocolate has all got to go!
  • well i still havent had a drink and theres one definite benefit.. i get to see my saturday and sunday mornings!! not necessarily for training but just to actually be half alive to get more than half a day is brilliant!! and trainig later on in the day doesnt seem too much of a struggle.

you're right though gary - tri suits arent made for podge. now ive got rid of my drink i need to cut down on baked goods!! i actually have a huge appetite!! x
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    2 full glasses of wine (RED, of course [;)]), which is already much for me since I've started Triing.

Would have been an hors d'oeuvre when I was young, but well, you know how it goes.
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    well a weekend bull running in madrid on a stag do so lots and lots of beer, guiness, wine tequilla and burger king!

Feel extremely rough now
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Still nothing for me! However, the warm day, the bike ride - I was hallucinating about beer. Oh! A nice tall glass of some cool foaming amber liquid - Ambrosia!

Been working out what I can do with the money saved - it's a great motivational exercise!
    still sober!
    Back again i'm afraid!

Had a few on Friday, a few more on Saturday and a few more yesterday.

To try to save a little self respect i covered 42k on Saturday afternoon, 23k on Sunday morning and mixed in swim session and short run too.

Re-committing to the wagon again today. I can't help but ask how much MORE i could achieve without the weekly binge!

Work out how much you spend on drink. Write it down in one column. Then work out how much you want to spend on kit (e.g. your new turbo). And write that down in another column... see what happens.. It is very motivational. Really. You probably spent £30 over your weekend - that's one third of a turbo...
    i like this....will work it out now and report back. P.S. have ordered the turbo, opted for the Tacx-Sirius, i hope it will be ok, i'm not expected too much!
    will work it out now

i reckon about £15-£18 a week on beer and wine. thats £780-£930 a year (net). thats £1300-£1560 a year (gross).

(((((((((((((((((((((((WOW))))))))))))))))))))))))

• gary let me know how you find the tacx - i love mine - also fairly new!! it's fab i love it!!
    let me know how you find the tacx

will do godluvsatrier.....will report on first impressions tomorrow....
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Bloody hell, treefrog, but you're a pro.

You drink like a broken-hearted landlord for, what, 4 months of the year, then go completely dry for the season?
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Am still not posting on here :S ... but am sure I will be able to soon ;)
    As an Irishman I reserve the right to have a Guinness tomorrow. It's my birth right!
    gary let me know how you find the tacx - i love mine - also fairly new!! it's fab i love it!!

hey godluvsatrier, got the trainer today, Wiggle have never failed to do anything but exceed my expectations (i have no affiliation! they (and Amazon) are just the best online store(s) i've ever used...and i've used a lot!).

The trainer seems fine, had a short spin - see my 'first impressions post here'.

take care
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    2 Pints of the black stuff for St Guinness day

;-)

Gym session tomorrow to try and guilt some of it off though... mmmm booze.
    I have not touched a drop despite it being St Patrick's day and despite attending a gala dinner where there was a free bar!

How do I do it?

• LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    treefrog wrote:
    I have not touched a drop despite it being St Patrick's day and despite attending a gala dinner where there was a free bar!

How do I do it?

More importantly "Why" ;-)
    To improve my athletic performance ie to become faster
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Just a pre-emptive post here as not sure how I'll be feeling tomorrow... Going to see the Premier League of Darts at the Brighton Centre tonight. I don't think staying off the booze is an option.

Expecting to see some seriously inspiring athletic prowess.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Darts.game or sport?
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Britspin - Are hinting at darts being a game and not a sport? It takes tghose guys ages to get to such physical specimens! All that arm work and a pint can be a heavy weight lift at the bar when its yopur 15 th rep in an hour!!!!LOL
    still no alcohol
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    glass of wine, which technically is medicinal as im doing quick change overs from nights to lates to earlies and i need to sleep!!!!!

• Lucky wrote:
    ORIGINAL: treefrog

How do I do it?

More importantly "Why" ;-)

me neither treefrog - i dont know if i feel better for it yet but i d enjoy seeing the whole weekend!! and plus i dont feel quite so guilty about all those chocolate biscuits!!! x
    More smug time. My "fast" is still intact. Only four weeks or so to go! No alchohol. No Meat. Almost no saturated fats (certainly no butter, cheese, cream). Lots of fish and oil with Omega-3 fats. Lots of veg with a high protein content etc (pulses etc.). Avoidance of processed foods which contain salt etc (trying to average <= 3g per day of salt).

How do I feel?

I'm the leanest for 25 years - now sub 12st (I was 11st something before going to University, then 12st something afterwards, as I never weighed myself back then.). And the fittest for 30 years. Only fly in the ointment is injury.

Never really drank too much.. so not had a hangover in years, so the effect of no alcohol is not that noticable - except on the wallet (really living frugally with Lent regime, nothing fancy too eat, and not to excess).

Blood pressure is lowest since records began (110/70).

Will get Cholesterol tested at Easter time to see if I have got that below the magic 5.0 mark! (Total chol. that is!)