Home Chat General Chat

Can you recommend a cycling forum as good as this one?

This forum is excellent, its by far the best on-line community i've ever been a part of. I'm looking for a dedicated cycling forum that's as good as this one. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    VELORIDER is a cycling forum, HOWEVER...... beware that some (most) cyclists (roadies, track riders etc....) dont see Triathletes (triantelopes) as "true" cyclists, trust me, join a cycling forum and admit to being a triathlete and theyl mug you off!!

Basicly they only class you as a "true" cyclist if you can ride in a pack, dont do any other sport other than cycling and your married to your sister (ok, the first two things aren't true!!)

Nah I'd join a club, then you can kick their arses in public rather than on your pc.......
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I go on timetriallingforum.co.uk quite a bit, but beware compared to this it is a huge community so I don't really think you get the banter like you do on this one.
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    And for the love of god gary dont ask about "shaving" and whether you should do it!!!!!
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    Really? I've always found the bunch over at Cyclingweekly a very friendly and helpful bunch...

However out on the road, my local cycling club are a right bunch of c***s!! They never say hello! CTC, who do you think you are [:@] !!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    oooh.....i seem to have touched on something here!

...i take it there is a little 'tension' between our excellent sport and the 'true bikers' collective?

...i asked because I'm still having hamstring trouble (in one leg) following my rides. I'm guessing that experienced folk will be able to identify a few 'likely' causes straight off the cuff.

....if i do get involved i'll be sure to keep my 'tri' agenda a closely guarded secret!
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Don't be too quick to diss cyclists! Imagine - it could be that they too like to go out and about but can't be bothered to run or swim.

Gary, be warned that (from what I hear) cycling club runs can be a bit GRRRR and you will probably get dropped on your first few occasions at least; but if you persevere I'm sure it would improve your cycling no end.

As a member of my local Tri club, I'm going to join the local cycling club as what is called a '2nd cat' member, and do a few time trials, and probably come last; but I'm sure that everyone will be encouraging (as long as I don't mention triathlon!). I suspect that time trials would be a good place to start for those of us who are not hardcore enough to join a cycle club run.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I a guessing that the 'cyclists' will diagnose your problem as being a triathlete....
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Where's that footage you were going to send me!?!

coming soon! Just sorting the loan of a camcorder, then i will have it with you, i really do appreciate any help you can offer.

Just a note:

Turbo session on Friday night (1.5hrs) caused some slight discomfort, nothing too much (but i didn't push too hard). Before going out today i adjusted my cleat positions, i moved them further back on the shoe, so my feet are more central (front to back) on the pedals, i covered my first race course on the bike today (18k) - followed immediately by the run (5k), anyway, hamstring feels ok. Don't know if this is the brick session or cleat position or the fact that its 18k rather than something a bit longer.

Video on the way!
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    I regularly use:

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/

Very friendly and no anti triathlete brigade!