Home Chat General Chat

c'mon! Get your stories in!

[left]ere conehead what about pictures, i pass some fantastic spelling mistakes en-route, especially deep into the sticks, farmer country this is!!![/left]

i pass one that says

[center]TIME OF YOUR LIFE[/center][center]Rear entrance...[/center][center] [/center][center] [/center][left]then theres a big arrow underneath it pointing to go round the back, just histericall..[/left]

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    I can settle the Jaffa cake thing. A Jaffa is a cake, and the way you can tell is that when a cake goes stale it gets hard, when a biscuit gets stale it gets soft! It must be true as i saw it on QI, all hail Stephen Fry.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Isn't QI great (The Jaffa Cake thing has been done to death already). A recent episode of QI covered "Why Cyclists Shave their legs".

Of course, we know the answers:

1) It looks good

2) It makes dressing wounds etc. easier (cleaning, getting the plasters off etc)

3) It makes having a massage easier (I once had a sports massage on unshaved legs - ooh the pain! That might be an anecdote for you Conehead.)

However, Triathletes have an additional reason!:

Hairy legs hold far more water than unshaved legs*. And, as a triathlete, you have to shower at least three times a day (after Pre-work, Lunchtime and Evening training sessions), so hairless legs really speed up drying off, and your sodden towel is at least 3Kgs lighter - so you have less to lug around, and it stands a chance of drying off on your office radiator in a morning/afternoon as applicable.

This is probably the only sensible reason for all over body hair removal that I have come across.

*This is a test that any spouses can perform: Compare the amount of water left on the bathroom floor by the shaven legged spouse (usually the female), and the unshaved one (usually the male). This is also known as "why have you left the bathroom floor in such a state" debate. Which becomes tedious, if it happens more than once a day.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Embarassing email sent.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Yes, yes, yes, I'll get on with typing up my contributions.

Incidentally, we've done the Jaffa Cake thing on this very forum a looong time ago. I think the summarised version of my opinion is that cakes rise, biscuits don't. The Jaffa Cake is therefore a true cake. And shut up about Cheese Cake, smart-arse.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Bopomofo wrote:

Yes, yes, yes, I'll get on with typing up my contributions.

Incidentally, we've done the Jaffa Cake thing on this very forum a looong time ago. I think the summarised version of my opinion is that cakes rise, biscuits don't. The Jaffa Cake is therefore a true cake. And shut up about Cheese Cake, smart-arse.

Obligatory Peter Kay reference here.

"Cheese. Cake? A cake of cheese?"