Home Chat General Chat

scales

as mentioned in another thread - im going to have toget scales. can anyone recommend any? theres loads i have seen that do your bmi etc. has anyone got any of these, whats the cost and is there any point? x

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I have scales which show fat % I'm sure its not overly accurate but it does help to know how your doing on the fat loss side!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I have some tanita scales that do Body Fat Percentage. As TommiTri says, they are not completely accurate - but are OK for relative measures - i.e. they show your percentage going down when it should etc. etc. I don't think they are too far out, guessing from other measures (pinching etc.)

However, I think measure body fat percentage using these measures is a bit easier for Men than for women
  • personally i wouldnt bother,

lets say it measures you @15% body fat... then what? do you eat less carbs to try to burn more fat as an energy source? this is quite difficult and can be stressfull on the ol body, also when do you know your doing this without dipping into your protein resorces, after all we are what we eat..

constant self assesment is a good thing but i hate scales meself, if you feel good about yourself and you look good you can stand on scales and they'll tell you nothings changed your still@ 15% but you can see the tummy muscles you knew you had but couldn't see before..

i dont want to be shot down for this but also sometimes girls retain water at times and you've got .. well.... mucky pillows, so how do the scales account for those when weighing you?
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Leave scales to the fish.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I have Salter which are ok