Home Chat General Chat

How do you store and look after your race bike?

The only complaint I could make about my Dolan is that it hogs all the duvet.

Comments

• lappieszalappiesza Posts: 36
    Good to know I am not the only one Conehead!
  • lappieszalappiesza Posts: 36
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    As per my first ever post - mine goes in the shower before me after a ride. Seriously.

blurredgirl
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    When I get my new bike it is going to live on the wall of the utility room, on those hooks you can get. This may involve some WAT.
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83

I went out for a long ride early on saturday morning. beautiful mists, blue skies, greeness of spring coming through and when I got a teary eye at sharing this moment with my bike and not my wife and children i realsied i was properly in love.

• Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    I am "Expecting" - Due date tomorrow - Already know it is a girl but unsure of her weight. I look forward to the interupted nights going downstairs to see her and play with her.

Already had the converation with the missus where she actually used the phrase "You won't be comfortable leaving it in the garge will you?" and No I wont!

How do you christen your new bike? Do you dip it's gears in lubricant?
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Speed reading will be the death of me, Xyzee I misread your post as you asking your wife if she would be comfortable living in the garage.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Oh and at least 3 people have asked me in the last month if my 3 season old Tarmac is new...
    Mmmmmmm....Now you mention it Britspin that would work rather well! Could keep my bikes (and have room for plenty more) in the bedrooom and set up a turbo in the middle of the livingroom (after tearing up the carpet and nailing all the window open...

I'll suggest it to her and see what she thinks!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I am not sure if I can reach the lofty heights of a place setting for dinning or a smokeing jacket for the bike but.............. It never sees a drop of rain and the tyres never get left slightly uninflated. She lives in the lean too where no one can damage her and she never wants for anything. i have liquid and lube close at had (for the chain !!!)

I have been told that a bike shed in the back garden would be a good investment if I am thinking of another bike. Just imagine a black and red carbon shed in the back garden.
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    My pride and joy has it's own Summer House in the garden to enjoy. Birds singing to it, a little heater warming it's soul throughout the winter. A TV replaying all the great moments of time trial history with the theme tune for the T de F on repeat in the stereo.

I sneakily peek at it's longs curves through the sun-shades when I feel a little mischeivous. Ah, the pleasures in life. [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]
  • hahahahaha thats the funniest thing i seen all day lappiesza
    She arrived today and I am already in love.