Home Chat General Chat

Goggle eyed!

This is a serious one; does anyone know of a way to get rid of deeply embedded swim google marks?? So far I have bought 4 different types of goggles from Aquaspheres to Zoggs, and Speedos (2 types) and all of them leave deep red rings around my eyes (except the aquaspheres which leave them over a wider area) which last all day. I look like I've aged about 20 years when I get out of the pool and I know its silly to worry about what you look like when you are going to cross the finish line with your face brick red and tongue lolling past your neck but even so... I have to go to work looking like I haven't slept in weeks so has any one found any cunning ways to get rid of the blighters?

Comments

• hehe, yeah i hate that too, hard to impress the chicks at the pool with google eye. mine usually go away when i get a drink.
  • BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    You must be tightening them up too much.

Before buying another pair of goggle take them out of the pack and press them into place.. without the strap... they should stay there by themself.

The strap is just to keep them there not to squash them into your head.
  • lappieszalappiesza Posts: 36
    Oh yes must agree. I did the same and after 3hours in the pool the tight straps made my head feel like it was gonna pop. Goggles should stick so to speak and straps should just keep them in place.

Recommend Zoggs Predator as they are so comfy!

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Thanks Guys- Perhaps I am cranking them up just a bit too much! I'll try loosening up a bit and see what happens. You'll know if its worked when I become the swim nemisis.........I'm in the right age group!!!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Thanks for these posts guys... I've spent the last 2 months looking like I wear glasses!

Will be loosening the straps tonight.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I am having the same problems - tried the Aquasphere kaimans - they are a great goggle but I have to have them on tight - so have just ordered some Eagles to see if they fair better - also with the intention of the prescription lenses if they work. I think I must have a funny shaped head I remember in my youth I had to wear goggles tight to make sure they stayed on.

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Hmmmm, I have owl eyes for the first four hours at work too. Except Its only just started happening and i havent changed my goggles at all, only the pool! strange....