Home Chat General Chat

Spammer Cull

md6md6 Posts: 969
Heres and idea. its not high tech but will sort the problem now.

If we all log on and post on all other threads then the spam will sink off the front page. I know it doesnt cure the issue but out of sight out of mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will start fro, the bottom up.

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    So I would like top propose a cull on spammers. Any of them within reach should be put down as a matter of urgency, I just loged onto the page and found that of all the posts i could see, only a few weren't spam. This is just getting silly. Is there any way anyone can think of to help the admins reduce this. C'mon there must be some tech minded people out there?
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    They appear to have gone!
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    could we get a "report as spam button". That way we're all keeping the pages free (i'm sure we're on here as often as admin? no offence to admin meant!).
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Its funny how often this subject comes up! It tend to happen in cycles, every couple of months or so, its very frustrating! But I'm afraid binky that that idea was already tried and failed! Try searching for "spam" to page 2! or STP2.

The best thing to do is ignore it, don't click on it or reply on them, they soon get knocked down!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    report it to the admin, they get it of the forum then. Only thing that works, for the rest of the time itseems we have to put up with them.

Which is a shame, but as said before, don't get your hopes up, since this is the only thread I se returning on the forum from the first day I'm on here!![:@][:@][:@](notice the smiley's colour!!!).