Home Chat General Chat

Where d'you cycle? SW London...

Based in Putney and looking for suggestions for new cycle routes as would like to add some variety... I currently train at Richmond Park. Any suggestions?

Comments

• I live in Wimbledon and Richmond Park does seem like one of the only places.

I do know some people head off down the A3 into Surrey. All depends how far you want to ride though. Mole Valley (near Letherhead) seems to be a bit of a hot spot for running and cycling. Check out the Mole Valley Cycling Forum:

http://www.mvcf.org.uk/

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    Hey Scibby, Im in mortlake and also sick of the loops in the park. Try heading out to box hill and back for a good morning ride. Or if you have a mountain bike and want to get some bouncy miles in, theres a great loop thats involves following the thames path to Kingston, up to richmond park through Queens rd gate, 1.5 loops around the edge and through the centre of the park (nice part cos you can take any route to mix it up), to the robin hood gate, over the A3 through the field and along the cycle path to the right, along the river, left up the S.O.B hill to the golf club in wimbeldon common, zigzag through the common and down to putney. A good 40km ride but which feels like you've done twice that.
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Guys not sure if you have access to a car too but i get out and cycle the Windsor tri route quite regularly nice roads quite a taxing ride with hardly any traffic.

Would definately recommend heading out surrey way, towards sussex, similar route of the london to brighton great hills but busy-ish roads.
  • ScibbyScibby Posts: 55
    Thanks for the tips - will check them out. Like the idea of Windsor - could make a day out of it and have a pub lunch etc (will decrease my BAT)

Bman - hmmm I know the SOB hill you mean, not sure I'm ready yet... might do the route the other way round so that I get that as a downhill!!!