Home Chat General Chat

Frustrating bike session, have I pushed the old steed too far?

Well what a frustrating day!

I am currently living in Lincoln and really enjoying the fact that when you go east out of the city towards skegness you get endless flat, great for time trial practice and threshold work

So I went out today, with the intention of doing a threshold interval session, BUT 10 mins into the ride and approx 6 km out of lincoln my legs were spinning but I wasnt going anywhere! I think there must be a problem with the free hub, it just wouldn't engage. Could this be to do with the large amount of GT85 I sprayed onto it?

I am not really sure what to do now, I had to walk 6k back to lincoln and I don't fancy that again, when I got back I managed to get it to engage on and off, I can't risk going out again!

What is it best for me to do? I was going to take it somewhere to have it looked at but I've had a look on the internet and it sounds like if the freehub is knacked I might as well get a new one. The hub itself is pretty shot so I was thinking of getting a new wheel. Have I finally pushed my poor training bike too far?

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Tommi sounds like you need a new freewheel hub.

How's the stree fracture?