Home Chat General Chat

Training/Race Wheels ---- Turbo Wheel

On my race/training (as I only have one set for road use) wheels I have Shimano 105 12-25 cassette and tonight I have just installed a new Shimano 11-23 onto my turbo wheel. Will this disturb my indexing? I hope not, it seems to work as I have had a play about but just wondering if I had made a boo boo.

thanks

Comments

• agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    If your chain length is set up for a 25 on the back, then fitting at 23 on the turbo wheel should cause no problem. The only problem you may have is that if the wheels are different (which im assuming they are) then you may find that the cassette is in a different place on the two wheels owing to a wider hub/spacing which may upset your limit screws and indexing, though if it seems to work ok then it should be fine!
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Agent tri is right (why did I reply then?) the setup of the cassette on the wheel may caus some or a little incompatability but if you don't hear any grinding or clicking then its alright, and seeing as you ar going down from 25 to 23 then chain length will not be a problem
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Good, glad to hear it. The wheels are actually the same model, just that the race/training ones are newer. thanks.