Home Chat General Chat

I hate tapering...

That's it. That's all!

Got a duathlon at the weekend but I just hate tapering![:@]

I know it's for the best though.[;)]

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    easy weeks & tapering, love them, feeling less weary, less tired, less achey, going out for an easy bike for the fun of it..or a run for that matter, no tagets to hit, no clock/speed/pace/distance to watch..bit of a lie in..great.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    This could be come a rant thread!

I hate it too!

I also see it as a nessecary evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I always feel like S%*t on tapering days, you have to resist, trust in your previous training.

If you get it right, then come race day you'll be top!

Only reason to do it.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I really quite like going for an easy run the day before. I always finish feeling really refreshed and ready to go.

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Can I ask why you guys don't like tapering? Is the lack of physical exercise, if so then are you tapering right? Are you keeping the intensity high? I always feel great in taper weeks because of the all the endorphins from doing intense exercise!
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Maybe its the way you taper... what do you do when you're resting before a race?

Personally, I keep the same workout schedule, and exercise at the same times that I would have during the last weeks of a 'peak' block of training and then just cut back the duration and/or intensity. A 5 mile tempo run becomes 3 miles or a 5 mile steady run instead. A 2400m swim in 400 and 200m intervals becomes a steady 1k swim and then 2x400 intervals or so. I like to finish the workout with fuel in the tank instead of going to empty, and generally it works.