Home Chat General Chat
Options

Sponsorship

Can anyone shed light on rules? I ride sportives, entering a few tri's and have been offered funds/components by some local companies. I want to get a tri suit/ cycle outfit designed.

So long as I don't enter any open time trials or btf road cycle races I should be ok?????? I know that some events you have to wear club outfit or neutral. But technically I won't be a club?

Anybody else get help from local companies? I ain't an elite by any means, far from it! Just skint!

Comments

• Options
    lappieszalappiesza Posts: 36
    hey mate i wish i was that lucky. i am trying to get some sponsors for a channel swim and i am having no luck!

well done.
  • Options
    Anyone out there offering, I am happy to tatoo your name across my back!!!

Just kidding but you will get loads of mileage out of my swim!
  • Options
    Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I got my copy of the Cycling Time Trials hand book. And, being me, decided to read all the rules.

Now, I don't have in front of me, but, from memory:

The only thing you are allowed to have on your jersey, in a time trial, is 1) the manufacturer's mark 2) the sponsor of your CTT affiliated club.

So, Britspin's Soreen jersey would not be allowed.

It's one of the reasons for making sure you always wear a club vest when doing a TT.

Of course, this is just for Cycling TTs and not for Tris.... or Sportives.

• Options
    gaterz1981gaterz1981 Posts: 233
    My tattoist is the one providing the clothing, i have sat around 30 hours so far, got whole of my back, both arms and chest inked up so far. work in progress. I always get comments on the tattoos which is why i approached him about advertising/sponsoring.
  • Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Nice one :D - never thought of that Gaterz - my misses is a tattoo fanatic - I only have one but was hoping for another few this year but Tri training has put that on the back burner for now .. can't afford the 2 or so weeks off the swim training at the moment.

• Options
    Thanks for the advice Conehead. Yes that is my main aim. With the Channel I go through enormous amounts of goggles etc. Zoggs have agreed to give me goggles and I advertise for them. That is currently what I am doing just asking for help and the advertise for them on clothing, my website etc. I appreciate all the help I can get and have now recently got a massage therapist on board on the same basis.

Any help is gladly appreciated and accepted.

Joe